Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI L A AREA NOW!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
CptTripps wants someone to go look at this car. There's gotta be someone here to do it. C'mon guys!

I talked to the guy for about 30min today. I told him that I thought it'd be good, but I'd want a set of eyes out there to look it over for me. He said "No prob, I'll look forward to it." and that was the last we talked.

Anywho...the guy's name is Brad Miller. 213-482-4422

Tell him I sent you, and we'll see what happened.
Thanks guys...
skline
I talked to Doug a little while ago, since nobody wanted to help him out, he is going to go by there himself on Friday when he lands at LAX. I am a little shocked that nobody stepped up to do this for him. I have done a lot of PPI's for many people for free on my own time. Never asked anything in return. It blows me away that nobody would step up. I would have but I have helped so many others with their cars that now mine are in desperate need of finishing for this weekend plus I have to work to get money to go this weekend. If I would have had the time, I would have just done the yellow car here for him and it would have been his. I just cant do everything. The yellow car will have to wait till after the WCC. Sorry Doug. wacko.gif
Jenny
Maybe Brad? He *should* have some free time on thur and friday. And he's definitely someone I'd trust to do a PPI. Maybe someone can pay him gas money for it. I'll mention it to him when I talk to him tomorrow. Or maybe he or Andy will check in with the club site before then.

Jen
Kargeek
I mentioned that I could have done it today...I had a meeting in LA with a client. I will be back up next Monday if that would work out. PM me, let me know if that would work out. DH
skline
QUOTE (Kargeek @ Apr 19 2005, 10:35 PM)
I mentioned that I could have done it today...I had a meeting in LA with a client. I will be back up next Monday if that would work out. PM me, let me know if that would work out. DH

Yeah, I remember you offering but the guy was not going to be around today at all so it kind of killed that. Thank you for offering though. It would have been good if it would have worked out. Maybe Brad will step up and take a look at it. Or Andy, they both know these cars very well.
seanery
Eagle Rock is like the friggin twilite zone!
Make sure you have all your shots before you go in there! ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 19 2005, 10:48 PM)

ohmy.gif lol2.gif
KaptKaos
I just saw this now. Work has been hellish the last few days. Haven't been surfing much - hehe.

Anyway - I may have time tomorrow to look at it. Is the guy available during the day?

Let me know.
skline
Bump!! icon_bump.gif Thanks Joe, maybe you can give him a call, find the original post, I think it had a number for the guy.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 19 2005, 09:48 PM)

I agree....guess who went to Eagle Crotch High School....Summer of 75 graduate.... dry.gif
CptTripps
Wow...ok, I didn't mean for this to get out of hand. Thanks for the er...bump of sorts.

He said He's in Hollywood, right by Dogers Stadium on Sunset. Name is Brad Miller. His number is 213-482-4422. I dropped him an email last night to see if it was still available, heven't heard back yet.

He's available today(Wednesday), it was yesterday that he wasn't. I must have missed that message...

I'm going to feel bad if after all of this, the car is a POS. unsure.gif

If someone can help out, cool. If not, I'll see it on Friday after I land.

BTW: My cell is 216-650-6073 if anyone needs to call me about it.

thanks gang...
SLITS
Since Howie is at the end of the LA Valley that the car is in and has the super fast Moby, I don't understand why he didn't jump in it and drive down. I mean, all he does is play golf and sleep.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 20 2005, 06:21 AM)
Wow...ok, I didn't mean for this to get out of hand. Thanks for the er...bump of sorts.

He said He's in Hollywood, right by Dogers Stadium on Sunset. Name is Brad Miller. His number is 213-482-4422. I dropped him an email last night to see if it was still available, heven't heard back yet.

He's available today(Wednesday), it was yesterday that he wasn't. I must have missed that message...

I'm going to feel bad if after all of this, the car is a POS. unsure.gif

If someone can help out, cool. If not, I'll see it on Friday after I land.

BTW: My cell is 216-650-6073 if anyone needs to call me about it.

thanks gang...

Its not too far from my office and I have a (hopefully) light day today.

I will keep you posted.

- Joe
CptTripps
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Apr 20 2005, 09:57 AM)
Its not too far from my office and I have a (hopefully) light day today.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks man...I appreciate it.

Tell him you are looking at it for me. (Doug Hardman)

All I'm really worried about is the structure. I've got an interior here. I'm bringing a set of carbs, rear calipers, and a radio with me to WCC.

If you have a digital camera, that'd be great, but I'll take your word for it too.

Call my cell...
CptTripps
Just talked to Joe...He's going to try to get out there for me today.

If that one doens't work out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

I just talked to him...seels like another decent contender. 1.7-fi. Starts and runs. Needs rear springs. Floors are solid. Batt re-located to rear trunk.

He's in Fullerton, by Disney. I've got his number too if anyone is available...
skline
I might be able to take that one, Fullerton is only about 20 minutes from me in traffic. PM the info to me and I will see what I can do.
CptTripps
Thanks man...PM sent.

I appreciate this a lot gang...1st round is on me. beerchug.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 20 2005, 07:35 AM)
Just talked to Joe...He's going to try to get out there for me today.

If that one doens't work out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

I just talked to him...seels like another decent contender. 1.7-fi. Starts and runs. Needs rear springs. Floors are solid. Batt re-located to rear trunk.

He's in Fullerton, by Disney. I've got his number too if anyone is available...

LOL

I called on the Fullerton one this morning too. He called me back right away and was going to send some more PIX.

- Joe
KaptKaos
Contact made on the first one. Going there this afternoon.

- Joe
Kargeek
My office is in Fullerton, Chapman and State College. Let me know... it's right on the corner and right on the price. I have a 25 year history of working on these cars. I'll bring my ice pick and digital camera. PM me or call my office at 714-738-6078

Dave
KaptKaos
Went to look at the first one. Photos are in the blog. There is rust in the passenger long. Tough space for me to crawl around in, but got a few pix.

Take a look see.
ewdysar
Cool hubcaps....
Allan
I like the clock.
skline
It didnt look that bad to me. The rear bumper isnt original, its not an early bumper. It should have the one like Joe Buckle has on his. It does have the correct lower rear valence with the hole in it. The rust was hard to tell from the pictures. Too bad you couldnt get a picture of the passenger side. I would like to see where the door closes at the top of the door. How much was this car? I would say from the pictures if it runs and drives, it's worth around 12 to 1500. It looked like an easy resto.
markb
Those shift knobs are going for a premium, too biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 20 2005, 02:26 PM)
It didnt look that bad to me. The rear bumper isnt original, its not an early bumper. It should have the one like Joe Buckle has on his. It does have the correct lower rear valence with the hole in it. The rust was hard to tell from the pictures. Too bad you couldnt get a picture of the passenger side. I would like to see where the door closes at the top of the door. How much was this car? I would say from the pictures if it runs and drives, it's worth around 12 to 1500. It looked like an easy resto.

Didn't have a lot of room to work with to take pix. The door seams were all pretty good. I had a friend with me sit in the car and open and close the passenger door with no issues.

There is definitely rust in that long, it was hard to say how much given that I couldn't really get in there too easily.

Doug wanted a car for the WCC. The tires would not make the trip IMO (cracking/dry rot) and there are known issues with the brakes.

I told him I thought the car is worth 1,000-1,200 if he were local.
CptTripps
Guys...thanks so much. My score for the day was 0-2. But that's MUCH better for being 1-0 and buying a POS!

I passed on this one because I think I can find a better example for $2k, and not just get something for the sake of having a 914 to drive this weekend. I'll roll my SUV rental, and like it. Maybe I can take it on the track when we get out there??? ("Yes, I'd like the 'no questions asked' insurance please.")

I can't thank Joe and Clayton enough...thanks a ton!

::: back to the hunt :::
Dead Air
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 20 2005, 06:44 AM)
Since Howie is at the end of the LA Valley that the car is in and has the super fast Moby, I don't understand why he didn't jump in it and drive down. I mean, all he does is play golf and sleep.

[QUOTE]
Im' moving to California!! lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.