Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 Porsche 914 1.7 Yellow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Frankb
Hi Guys,

I picked this 914 up in a package deal from an elderly gentleman down in Missouri.

The plan was for my dad to take the 914 but he is moving soon and will not be able to take it with him.

The car was restored back in 2000 by the previous owner and his nephew and the car has deteriorated a bit since then but still presents well. I would consider it an amateur restoration.

It runs great and has good power for a 1.7.
All lights and radio work. Blower motor does not. Hell hole and floor pans are solid although it does has some surface rust here and there.

I will get some detailed pictures once I have some time.

Located in the NW Suburbs of Chicago.

SOLD

***UPDATE****

Added a bunch of pictures as well as pictures of specific requests from interested parties.

Some things to note:

- E-Brake Does not work

- Car was in a minor bender in the right front as seen from the photos, Crumple bars are straight and true and do not show any signs of rework.

- Turn signal relay clicks all the time - although turn signals work properly

- Windshield is cracked - A separate good windshield comes with the car.

- Steering shaft bearing has a bit of play in it. Not horrible but could use a new one.

- Rear trunk has some alignment and hinge issues which need to be sorted out as seen in the pictures.

- Drivers side outside door handle is sticky.

- There are other parts that come with the car that I will have to inventory as well.

The car runs really well. If you are looking for a show car, this is not the car for you. If you are looking for a solid driver that you can enjoy for the next 5 to 10 years and do some TLC along the way, this is perfect!

Pictures tell the story.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://vid100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/F..._151730_001.mp4

http://vid100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/F..._152252_001.mp4
MikeInMunich
Some photos of the interior, engine bay, etc. would be helpful. Are those Fuchs replicas or original?
Frankb
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Oct 21 2016, 11:20 AM) *

Some photos of the interior, engine bay, etc. would be helpful. Are those Fuchs replicas or original?

I will definitely get some more photos up once I have a chance to take some. I will be out of town this weekend but will try my best to get some early next week.

I was told the wheels were genuine 2.0 Fuchs although I cannot confirm that at this moment.
Frankb
Just an update. I have received quite a bit of serious interest on the 914 and I know I've been slacking with getting pictures. My plan is to take pictures this upcoming weekend or sooner if I have a chance.

Thanks!
Frankb
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Frankb
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Frankb
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Frankb
Start Up Video:

914 Start-up
Frankb
Car is still available, make an offer.
Frankb
Sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.