Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I saw a rare 914-S on the freeway today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
The rare 914-S sighting. Does anyone know him?
Click to view attachment
Steve
I will fix the picture tonight "dam iPhone"
ndfrigi
Fixed it for you sir Steve!

Click to view attachment
mb911
Ok I am more of a 6 guy so tell me more about what makes a -4 s..
rgalla9146
On his way to Wells Fargo to check on a minor issue.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 21 2016, 03:13 PM) *

A 914-6 badge and a bit of filing.

--DD
Coondog
Looks like he is enjoying a drive on a perfect Orange County Fall day... blue914.jpg
theleschyouknow

Click to view attachment

The S came from the factory with sail vinyl, so if that is an S, he has severely decreased its value by removing it

wow kinda hard to type that with my tung (how the hell do you spell that) so firmly pressed in my cheek

beerchug.gif
cjl
Cairo94507
There is no actual 914 "S". It was a advertising campaign and little else. Sorry. popcorn[1].gif Oh, but I love that car and the color.
Mueller
Not that rare if "S" stands for: sitting, storage , static...you know other words for not running , lots of us have one!
ndfrigi
I believed he is Thomas who bought my 72 roller 3 years ago to replace his autox 914. His car is very clean and the interior is very nice.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Steve
I just thought it was funny, because it actually had a 914-S badge in the back.
colingreene
Thats Thomas.
And it is a S badge, he is a member here.
his car is very nice.
Cairo94507
Man, his car is beautiful and clean.
db9146
I spoke to someone at the Okteenerfest who has researched the "S" designation because his COA included "914S" on the document. It was essentially a USA-only marketing package that included a lot of individual options - a "doll'ed up" 914 2.0L, for that one year, 1974, IIRC.
theleschyouknow
Click to view attachment

74 was Can-Am, 73 was the S stirthepot.gif

I've got a fully optioned 73 US 2.0 so if anybody's pulling for the S, it's me. The COA is neat and there's a full article about it in the summer fourteener magazine but I tend to agree with the marketing strat camp. I would like to see Tom?s badge tho

beerchug.gif
cjl
John Galt
Seems like every time someone posts a picture of my car there is a discussion about the S. A member here used to make various badges. I chose the S to signify that the car is a restomod, it is no longer a 2.0 liter but it is not a 6, plus a number of other changes (many common some not).
dlkawashima
So, the first "real" evidence of a 914S and it turns out to be a late '73 model. Someone has some 'splainin to do. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Steve
Love the color!! Which blue is that?
Blue6
Steve, it looks like Alaska Blue Metallic...
colingreene
Pretty sure its Alaska Blue
SirAndy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 21 2016, 03:13 PM) *

A short lived PCNA marketing campaign that wasn't sanctioned by Porsche and got canned.
popcorn[1].gif
whitetwinturbo
...............and who can forget the Ford Mustang "California Special"?

Love marketing hype piratenanner.gif
PlaysWithCars
Here are a couple pages out of a period brochure I have. This is how Porsche explained the model...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Nice color! shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.