Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement for center console clock...that works.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
I have the OEM center console clock, but it does not work, just lights up. I know they were Quartz, but do not know if they have a battery that I can open up the clock and replace. Is there a more modern clock that will match the car aftermarket in the same spot that looks VDO? I do not want to spend a ton of money for a clock in an old car...I think you guys get that.
dlkawashima
I encourage you to try to fix it yourself, especially if you have a Type I clock. Follow the directions here:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m...lock_repair.htm
Ian Stott
Is there a vendor where you can send it for repair?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
GeorgeRud
North Hollywood Speedometer does excellent work (though not always considered cheap).
914Sixer
I have a NOS Audi movement that is a direct fit. I would recommend that you send it to NHS for replacement because it requires a SPECIAL LOW TEMPERATURE solider. Picture on request.
carcus
Thanks for the great info and repair link. I need to do some research to find out if it is a type 1 or later type 2 VDO clock. I got the appearance console second hand and added the gauges. Not sure what year 914 they came out of.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.