Full Version: Its in los osos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
look to ebay to see a 914 witha audi 5000 trans with a 1.8 engine #4543799460
I would like to see how it was done

Bernie
Mueller
this could be a record....5 different threads about the same car smile.gif

guy was invited to the WCC but declined.....

bernbomb914
sorry but I have been away for about 3 weeks

Bernie
Mueller
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Apr 20 2005, 12:38 AM)
sorry but I have been away for about 3 weeks

Bernie

just play'n with you smile.gif

now to use the same gearbox behind a V8 (Kennedy makes an adapter) !!!!!!

that'd be a fun 914 and a possibly a great commute car for those that sit in traffic once in a while wacko.gif
skline
That is the same thing I thought, I had asked about it awhile back when I started the conversion and everyone said it wouldnt work. That I would have to flip the ring and pinion. That didnt make sense to me as the Audi is engine in front also. I still may look into it. The guy said it was done up north and they would answer questions.
Cap'n Krusty
It was done by a shop in Los Osos that specializes in Busses and Vanagons ......... I do a little business with them, as they supply new seat belts for older 911s, sell Recaros, and have a huge inventory of hard to find Westy parts. The Cap'n
bondo
Cool! I don't think I've seen it around town, but I do see a surprising number of them here. Recently I've seen a silver one, a blue one and a creamcicle.
Joe Bob
Royce....you ever dealt with the builder? Lucas of PEP?
bondo
Nope, but a friend of mine takes is VW to him, and says only good things.
bernbomb914
I understand that that trans will take the torqe of a SBC. If anyone can get some info about the install there would be a lot of us that are interested. Do any of you have the contact info for that shop?

bernie
Aaron Cox
yeah... PEP....
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 20 2005, 08:41 AM)
yeah... PEP....

http://www.peparts.com/StoreFront.bok

Guy's a bit of a weenie....
Mueller
I just called Kennedy, they don't make (or list) an adapter for a Type IV (or any air-cooled VW or Porsche /6) to mate with the Audi 5000 box (manual or auto)

If someone has a good relationship with Kennedy, they might be able to get more info on how different the bolt-patterns are or in thier opinion the difficulty it mating the two......

I'd imagine the Audi gearbox is dirt cheap at a pick'n'pull.....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.