Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A big Thank you
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
You meet people over your lifetime and once in a while you run into one that does in return what you try to do for others. I know not eveyone is like that but if you all have not noticed, I do a lot for other people without asking anything back from them. When I need help, they come back and help me. It's kind of a give and take thing. There are some that are takers that never give. I never want to be like that. The WCC is only 2 days away and business has been slow for me. Plus the fact that I have not been working much and clients are slow to pay. I needed tires for the 74 and had no way to buy them just yet. Clayton stepped up and used his connections and dropped off a set of tires for me last night. He said Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday. He is one of the people I would drop everything and help at a moments notice. People like him give me hope that not everyone is self centered and takers. Thank you Clayton for everything you do and represent. He is a valued friend and I will repay his generosity any way I can. I hope you all can have true friends like that. My father used to tell me that all the money in the world couldnt make you happy. He said if you make one true friend in your lifetime, you have more wealth than any man. I am lucky I guess, I have a few very good and true friends. Joe Buckle is another one. He has helped me out so many times I can even remember them all. Thats all I have to say. Life is not so bad when you are nice to people. Try it, you will see.
Aaron Cox
very cool.... smilie_pokal.gif
nebreitling
i fucking love this site. way to go, gang.
Aaron Cox
BTW - where is a pic of clayton AND the tires? huh?
Grimstead
That is so good to hear. You are definitely one of those people.

When I first joined this board you & Aaron sent me welcome emails before I even made my first post, I really appreciated that (and all the help you have given since).

I like to think of this as a Karma Bank and it's good to see you're getting paid on your investments.

mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif
Eric_Shea
This board rocks... you guys rock.
Rand
Damn cool. That's the way it oughtta be. Some other messages also came to mind about club guys helping each other out. 914 people rule!
SpecialK
It's like a daily event in 914 land beer.gif

Now quit playing on the puter and get those tires mounted....don't you have somewhere to be in a couple of day? biggrin.gif
MattR
smilie_pokal.gif

I should be at your place around 2 to help get the 2.0 road worthy.
Aaron Cox
i got a math midterm today.... otherwise i would be down to help....
maybe after my bio midterm tomorrow....

cant wait to see these beasty's
skline
He snuck in after midnight and left them at my door step. Just like Santa Claus. Here they are waiting to be mounted.
Jenny
That's too cool. What a good guy.

BTW, is it wrong that I get all excited looking at a pile of rubber?

Jen
SpecialK
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 20 2005, 01:26 PM)
That's too cool. What a good guy.

BTW, is it wrong that I get all excited looking at a pile of rubber?

Jen

Not at all Jenny....not at all. wub.gif
Joe Bob
I am gonna give A-ron a SEVERE Noogie when I see his ass....
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 20 2005, 10:00 AM)
BTW - where is a pic of clayton AND the tires? huh?

I hope you did well on your math mid-term, 'cause you suck at spelling biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
RT 615's.......

they have a wider contact patch then the 215's..... so expect a little rubbing.... unsure.gif
i did well on my math midterm....think i got an A......

studying for a Bio midterm now.....
i can stop by for a few hours tomorrow after 10.30 scott

let me know
Aaron
CptTripps
I'll second all of that. He went and did a PPI for me today that Scott said he'd do. Came back, talked to me for 30min about the dcar, and went on line with me over the phone to talk about a few other cars I'd wanted to see...

Great guy. I definately owe him a few beers...
MattR
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 20 2005, 07:31 PM)

He only drinks Propel

biggrin.gif
skline
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 20 2005, 08:31 PM)
I'll second all of that. He went and did a PPI for me today that Scott said he'd do. Came back, talked to me for 30min about the dcar, and went on line with me over the phone to talk about a few other cars I'd wanted to see...

Well I was going to go do it but he came and took my camera and said I had too much to do here and that he and Mark would handle it. Then he came back afterwards and helped me with the car. The guy is one of a kind. Speaking of which, where is my camera?? ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 20 2005, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 20 2005, 08:31 PM)

Well I was going to go do it but he came and took my camera and said I had too much to do here and that he and Mark would handle it. Then he came back afterwards and helped me with the car. The guy is one of a kind. Speaking of which, where is my camera?? ohmy.gif

the old "im gonna look at a car and swipe your camera trick!!!" laugh.gif

scott. i hear you need a new rear suspension installed. i can be over there around 11.15 or a tad later...

let me know.
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif I agree....great guy Scott is! However he failed to mention that a really nice "gurl tool wench" came over to help him and kick his arse to get him motivated on the '74!
She kept saying "only 3 more days dude!"
Now it's only 2 more days....get goin' Scott!
You can do it!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
skline
I dont think I want to try to change out the control arms before the WCC. It would mean swapping the brakes and everything including the bearings and I just dont have them. I will have plenty of time afterwards and more money. I do need some help Aaron installing the interior and reinstalling the doors tomorrow. My paint has not come yet so I guess the door jambs will be in primer also. There is still a lot left to do yet. I will make it. I have faith. And I think I did mention that you came over to assist me yesterday, I just dont remember which thread it was. Thank you though, there, I said it here. cool_shades.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 20 2005, 09:09 PM)
And I think I did mention that you came over to assist me yesterday, I just dont remember which thread it was. Thank you though, there, I said it here.  :shades:

biggrin.gif Hey, you are welcome! I didn't see it otherwise I wouldn't have said anything!
So........are ya close?????
And are you gonna drive it or trailer it?

Lisa smile.gif
Aaron Cox
scott. ill be there to help you install an interior.
anything else ya need?
skline
I had promised I would take an engine up for someone so since I have to take the truck, I am going to tow it up. Gas is going to kill me I am sure. Full size 4 wheel drive pickup. Maybe 8 miles to a gallon. Ouch!! I will have it done tomorrow for the most part and take it for a drive and finish up small stuff either Friday morning or at the WCC Friday afternoon. Its going to be a fun weekend, rain or not. wacko.gif
Mrs. K
ohmy.gif OK, I'll bring towels! lol2.gif
(inside joke folks...car towels!)

Lisa welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.