Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central deposit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
erwindv
Hey all,

Could somebody post some pics on how the central deposit of a 71 is attached to the dash?

Please, if possible, from different angles and with measures of the latch, holding the deposit.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Erwin
beerchug.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(erwindv @ Oct 23 2016, 09:30 AM) *

Hey all,

Could somebody post some pics on how the central deposit of a 71 is attached to the dash?

Please, if possible, from different angles and with measures of the latch, holding the deposit.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Erwin
beerchug.gif

It's not attached to the dash directly. The top bracket is attached to the inner bulkhead with two screws. There should be two plastic inserts that attach to the body through the bulkhead. The picture below is from my 74 as it went to the body/paint shop. It doesn't have the plastic inserts installed but you can see the location. The later 2.0 center console attaches here also.

Greg
914_teener
I have these.

I believe it is original to the car. My build date is 1/73. So early 73. Need to clean the car up....so excuse the dirt. I do drive it a lot.

Hope this is the deposit box you speaking of. If so I'll try and draw it up this weekend.

Rob

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
erwindv
Indeed, this is the one.

Mine is for the moment in the same condition as yours, needs a clean up.

As in my car, the bracket is missing, I am especially interested on how the bracket looks like and the way it is attached to the inner bulkhead.

Erwin

914_teener
QUOTE(erwindv @ Oct 25 2016, 11:59 PM) *

Indeed, this is the one.

As in my car, the bracket is missing, I am especially interested on how the bracket looks like and the way it is attached to the inner bulkhead.

Erwin

Ok...then do you want just the bracket detail?

Do you still want to measure the side peices?

Let me know.
erwindv
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 26 2016, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(erwindv @ Oct 25 2016, 11:59 PM) *

Indeed, this is the one.

Erwin

Ok...then do you want just the bracket detail?

Do you still want to measure the side peices?

Let me know.

Some foto's of the bracket and the way it is attached to the bulkhead are OK.

If possible, can you give the measurements of the bracket so I can reproduce it?

Thanks a lot
Erwin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.