Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeff Krieger
He said that he found a pair of Recaros and wants to switch over - does anyone know which Recaro seats would fit our teeners?
Jenny
Notice his nice leather door pouches/pockets (or whatever you want to call them) Didn't someone here have something simillar? Rusty??

Jen
Those are cheapo DAD Racing seats. Non FIA homologated crapola.... pain30.gif
Steve
Wow! He's going through a lot of seats.
I sold him a pair of Konig 914 seats and he sold them because they were to narrow.
Finding a nice 914 seat is like finding a nice pair of shoes.
Don't buy them until you try them on.
I sold my Konig's because they were to narrow.
Now I have a set of Corbeau's and they sit to high and create nasty blind spots.
At least I sat in the Corbeau's before I bought them.
But I made the mistake of not sitting in them in a 914.

Buyer beware!!!

Steve
914Timo
Finding a nice 914 seat is like finding a nice pair of shoes.
Don't buy them until you try them on.

I think you are Steve 100% right. I have tested some seats and can tell that 911/944 seats dont fit in 914s. So far I am quite satisfied with my OMPs, but I know they are cheep like I think those Dads are too. They are not FIA homologated, but I dont know why they should be. Racing seat are completely an other story.....

I just wonder if somebody have any opinions or experiences about Corvette seats in 914s. They are small and they look quite good. Any ideas ???
Steve
Your OMP seats look pretty nice.
Do they use stock rails?
Do they sit any higher than stock?
How bad is the blind spot over stock?

Enquiring minds want to know.
I have never seen a corvette seat in a 914.
I've pretty much seen every racing seat in a 914.
Most of them are to tight around the butt and are hard to get in and out of for a daily driver.

Steve
914Timo
Do they use stock rails?
Do they sit any higher than stock?
How bad is the blind spot over stock?

Thanks.
No, I needed to modify them quite a lot. I wanted to install them as low as possible.
No, I think they are not any higher than stock. I think they sit about the same level than stock.
Blind spot ?? Sorry, now I dont understand. What blind spot do you mean ?? I havent notice any blind spot. confused24.gif
Steve
My Corbeau's are really fat on top and cover more of the back window than stock.
This cuts down my visibility and creates blind spots when your trying to look behind you to change lanes.

regards,

Steve
Scott S
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 26 2003, 02:21 PM)
My Corbeau's are really fat on top and cover more of the back window than stock.
This cuts down my visibility and creates blind spots when your trying to look behind you to change lanes.

...and the Corbeaus do not even come close to fitting in the rear firewall recess - not to mention the back pad. They also raise you 2+" over the stock seats (I could barely get my legs under the wheel - didn't even attempt to drive the car).

Sent 'em back the next day...

I am really liking my Renegade seats - especially when using the smaller "race insert" (upolstered piece of 1" foam) in place of the bottom cushion. Best $50 I ever spent.
Steve
The bottom cushion is about 2.5" thick. I sliced off 1/4" and now that's my bottom seat cushion. It's now pretty close to the stock seat height. Regarding the back pad I'm 5'10" so my seat doesn't have to go back in the back pad anyway.
But if I had to do it over again I would of saved up extra money and bought the renegade seats.
I visisted the renegade shop in Vegas and sat in a couple of 914's with the renegade seats. It's a real nice seat. They have two versions. I liked the one with smaller bolsters. It was much easier to get in and out of for a daily driver.

Steve
914Timo
Yes, those bolsters in my OMPs dont make geting in and out very easy. It is one reason I am not 100% satisfied with them.

About the blind spot, I have not notice any before. Next time I have to pay attention to that.
Mike D.
Damn It! everything I've got for my 6 Conversion project get's torn a new ass by this group... headbang.gif

Velos Oil tank - new ass
MSD - new ass

now the Corbeau seats - new ass

I'm keeping it all and using it....so :finger2:

You can just make fun of me at gatherings...

Oh Well... beer3.gif

-Mike D.
FIA Homologation means tht they are actually tested in crash situations. The rice kids buy DAD seats cause they are cheap. Part of that low cost is due to the lack of testing that is done. Thats all i meant.

Visibility really is bad in the corbeau seats. For a daily they might be pretty frustrating. Like the idea about trimming the seat cushion for comfort though.... But if your running harnesses, the cutouts are really essential for keeping everything in place. Bottom line, whatever comfort and safety level you think you are worth, go for it! beerchug.gif
echocanyons
IPB Image[These seats are pretty spendy but they look a whole lot like the original GT seats and the seats used in the 914/8 protos
does anybody know if they fit? Might be another choice also keeping the vintage lookIPB Image
echocanyons
http://www.vintageseats.com/seats.htm

heres the link:
link
Steve
Mike,

After I made the Corbeau seat pad 1/4" thick I'm actually pretty happy with them.
The bottom of the seat is supported with some kind of springs so even 1/4" is pretty comfortable.
They are also not that bad to get in and out of and I like the bolsters for cornering.
As far as I know all racing seats have the wide head and shoulder thing going on.
I'm just one of those whiners that's never totally satisfied.
That's the biggest problem with 914's is there's so many choices for seats, motor, gauges, brakes, wheels, tires, trans, etc. etc. etc.
But that's also the coolest thing about a 914 is you can taylor it to your style and personality.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.