Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: But 4/5 are German!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
I was at the PCA DE at Road Atlanta this weekend along with our members John Perry (wndsrfr) and Terry O'Toole (SexAddict; err SixAddict) and his son Eric (who rocked in his first time at RA this weekend)! aktion035.gif

Regarding the video - I was providing my buddy (and my old Vette) a look-see of what his car was doing on track and I was happy to oblige!

Enjoy the noise.

Tony

Here is our groups rides...

Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZM99sOaYQ
ConeDodger
Nice Tony! What gearbox is that? Short throws, close ratio, and shifts too easy to be a 901! evilgrin.gif
cali914
Got To be a 930 or g50 very smooth
tygaboy
Boxster 6 speed with a CAE shifter
Cracker
Thanks Rob. Chris is correct (and he's using the same box in his build)...technically its called a G86-20 Getrag.

Tony

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 23 2016, 08:28 PM) *

Nice Tony! What gearbox is that? Short throws, close ratio, and shifts too easy to be a 901! evilgrin.gif
wndsrfr
Thanks for posting Tony, it's all just like I remember it...including a bit of feathering going down 12....gotta love RA!
Cairo94507
Tony - I love your videos; I wish I could see the tachometer and speedometer. Car sounds incredible.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 23 2016, 09:18 PM) *

Thanks Rob. Chris is correct (and he's using the same box in his build)...technically its called a G86-20 Getrag.

Tony

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 23 2016, 08:28 PM) *

first.gif
Cracker
John - I can't go even remotely flat through 12 - I have more than a little feathering of the throttle. My balls nor my car are up to that challenge...I want to keep my car and myself in one piece. Have a great time at Roebling today!!!

Cairo - I'll try to get my smarty cam installed next time - it won't give you rpm but will give you a speed display. I can tell you I have my shift lights set to double red/flash at 6750 - fuel cut off is set at 7200 (I hit that twice experimenting this weekend). Thanks.

Tony

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Oct 23 2016, 10:50 PM) *

Thanks for posting Tony, it's all just like I remember it...including a bit of feathering going down 12....gotta love RA!
ThePaintedMan
Tony, now that you're getting the car sorted out, you might find some basic telemetry valuable/cool. Check out some of the new GPS Cameras - cameras like the Garmin VIRB will chart your laptimes, plus give you real speeds, acceleration data, etc. Might be cool to have that overlay on your videos.
Cracker
George,

Thanks. My AIM SmartyCam does that - GPS derived speed and timer - all on an overlay. I just haven't taken the time to mount it on this car, yet. What I am using is the AIM Solo - mounted on the steering wheel. It also has data logging features that - you'all just can't see it.

The car is FAR from being sorted out - it was an absolute disaster at the beginning of the day. Its a long and boring story - I'll spare you. What you saw in the video was about 12 seconds off my record pace. The car was real loose. I'm driving (in the vid) with TWO blown front shocks...I just dialed the pace back to be safe. They are being pulled today and the struts will be sent to TR/CF for raised spindles mounts.

All the best.

Tony

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 24 2016, 08:38 AM) *

Tony, now that you're getting the car sorted out, you might find some basic telemetry valuable/cool. Check out some of the new GPS Cameras - cameras like the Garmin VIRB will chart your laptimes, plus give you real speeds, acceleration data, etc. Might be cool to have that overlay on your videos.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Cracker @ Oct 24 2016, 08:46 AM) *

I'm driving (in the vid) with TWO blown front shocks...

blink.gif unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.