Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small part fell from under dashboard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Frankvw
Hi, last weekend I worked on the dashboard instrument illumination, and while working in/under the dashboard, all of a sudden a small cap fell out on the floor.
I really have no idea where it came from, what is is for and if it is even a part that should be there at all.
It is a round plastic cap, size is like slightly bigger then a US quarter, for reference I used a 50 eurocent coin in the pic. There are no numbers or logo's on it.
The car will not need it to run of course, but it might be there to cover a 12V postive thingie, and I do not want a short under the dash.
Anybody knows wat the cap is for ?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
I guess I will get answers like: the ejectionseat emergency switch cover or the brake-spark-controller-unit cap, but fun is important on the forum as well, so shoot..... biggrin.gif
Harpo
Could it be a cap to the flux capacitor?

David
914Sixer
Not sure why it was inside car but it is the blower motor cap is in the front trunk.
rgalla9146
Check the back of your radio.
Tbrown4x4
AUX power port cover?
Frankvw
Ok, thanks for the replies sofar. I will check the radio and the blower for sure!
JmuRiz
Good leads, I'd say radio port cover fell off
rgalla9146
I think Glen got it right.
Is it rubber or solid ?
McMark
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 24 2016, 07:19 AM) *

Not sure why it was inside car but it is the blower motor cap is in the front trunk.

Yup, fell off the blower motor back, deep inside the fresh air box in the front trunk. Got picked up by the lower fan and shot over to the diverter valve and fell out the heater vent below the dash.

You don't need it and you don't want to disassemble just to reinstall. Plus I think one securing tab broke off. IIRC, both tabs should look the same on either side.
Frankvw
@rgalla9146: it is solid. When you drop it on a hard surface it sounds like a cap from a beerbottle, but it is hard plastic.
@McMarc: thanks. That could explain why it is a bit sandy/dusty since it then originated from outside the cabin. Hard to tell if the other tab broke off since it is a clean break if that happened but that would make sense. 914sixer and you know your blowers smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.