Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring harness location for under the dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I am putting my harness back into my '71 914. I need to know how the part of the harness that goes over to the passenger side door switch routes on the firewall. I have the part of the main harness routed down by the foot well to the main tunnel but am looking where the harness that includes the steering column connectors route. I haven't seen any pics of that particular part of the harness resides.

Thanks,
Buck
SirAndy
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Oct 24 2016, 09:30 AM) *
I need to know how the part of the harness that goes over to the passenger side door switch routes on the firewall.

I don't have pics and it's kinda hard to describe, but at least on my car those wires go behind the dash and then into the door post to the switch.
idea.gif
Mikey914
There was a 70 dash for sale in the classifieds that had a harness attached.
You may be able to glean some info from his pics.
cary
Forgot about you. I read it at lunch.

It's the long harness that ends with one brown wire. It lays right behind the rolled bottom edge of the metal dash. Behind the padded knee pad. If you start at the steering wheel you'll have a break out for each stalk on the column. Then the one for the ignition. Then one for the cigar lighter. Now it thins down. Next break out is the HVAC switch and lights. Now your down to just a few wires. Next break out is the glove box light. Then all your left with is the door switch if me memory serves me right. The harness is held down with multiple metal bands covered with heat shrink like material.

Might have missed one for the radio. Can't remember. Seems like it has its own.
cary
Got home before dark.
Here's a shot of the door switch wire behind the air vent next to the glove box.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.