Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boston area - need a part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rleog
I need the sheet metal passenger side door jamb reinforcement from a 74 or 75 914. Does anyone in the Boston area have a parts car that I could remove this section from? It's a small piece, just behind the door latch.

Thanks
william harris
Bob: call Eric Sanders, Porsche Parts Manager at Porsche of Nashua 603 595-1700. Eric knows where a junk 914 is sitting in the Haverhill area. Also, the guy up at Crash Clinic in Ipswich is sitting on 3 rusting hulks. The listing is under body shops and it really is called Crash Clinic. Finally, do you know Don Watson down on the Cape? Or Richard Towle or certainly Chris Foley must have a parts car or two around. biggrin.gif
r_towle
im sure i have it...take a pic.

Rich
william harris
See, I told you so. lol2.gif
r_towle
Crash Clinic.....how rusty???

1 is my red car (surface rust...some long issues)
10 is the hulk in the back... (all surface rust, inner longs are there,outers are nolonger there)

11 is when the doors hold the car together...

Rich
william harris
Rich: pretty bad. Two cars have been sitting outside rusting away for years. Gone, Gone, Gone, except for pieces and parts. One car is in a storage container and it is pretty solid. Problem is the owner only wants to sell them as a package - all or nothing. Phone 978 356-9057. I think he wanted $3,000 for all. Good Luck. screwy.gif
Rleog
..going to try to attach a pic here.....bear with me!
Rleog
Rich -

The piece I need is the door jamb reinforcement that sets behind the jamb section where the latch attaches. It's a small section present on 74s and 75s, reinforces behind the jamb and attaches to the inside jamb and inner fender.

Chris Foley and I have recruited two probable pieces, but neither was suitable for doing the repair. Evidently, early 914s don't have this reinforcement piece.

Thanks

914efi
You could try Don Plant in Dartmouth. He has a few parts cars, and I think one of them may be a later one. 508-993-7736.
Rleog
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see if I can locate a 74 or 75 from among these listings.
rhcb914
Hey Bob,

I may have that part. I'm heading over to the garage this evening and I'll check. I have the door jam section from a 75, don't remember if it's the drivers or passenger side though, not sure if it matters.

You may also check Auto Atlanta. Looks like they are only $25 and brandy new. biggrin.gif

-Rob

ChrisFoley
Doh!
That's the piece.
Rleog
Doh (to the nth). Sometimes I can make things really difficult.

Thanks Rob!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.