Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help........need some info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djsinister702
Hi gang,
just bought my first 914, I been wanting one for years. This is a 1975 1.8L, in great shape. Everything work on this baby including the cigarette lighter.
the only thing that suck is the getting good music. so i am planning to install a stereo system .....any suggestion?????
I am also planning to put in an alarm system. by the way...
where can i find THE LOW CURRENT START SOLENOID WIRE in the car???????
i will post some pics as i begin to work on putting a good sound system in there while keeping everything orginal.

any help on the wire question , will be deeply appreciated.

THANK
Mueller
welcome....got a haynes manual yet and a volt meter?? smile.gif

check out the 914 Resources section, a fellow member makes and sells speaker pods that fit into the stock location to allow better/bigger speakers...if you have a center console a speaker can be put in there...if you don't have one, you can buy one with the speaker mounted in it....

other than that, it's all up to your imagination and budget...

djsinister702
thank Muller...
yeah got the Maunal , gonna get the volt meter..
i bought an alarm system...and in the installing maunal. it say to slice THE EXISTING LOW CURRENT START SOLENOID WIRE...
any idea on where that wire is located?
thank
Dave_Darling
I can only guess that they mean the yellow wire that goes from the ignition switch to the starter. That one runs through the center tunnel and hooks up to the front of the relay board. The yellow wire continues in the "engine wiring harness" that hooks up to the back of the relay board, goes through the rear engine tin, and hooks onto the starter. There is another wire that taps into that circuit inside the relay board; one of the pins of the four-pin connector that the fuel injection hooks up to is a part of that circuit.

--DD
djsinister702
thank Dave,
found it....now all i have to do is put it all together and hopefully it will start and run...hehehehe

Dave,
you're at Pelican Parts right? well maybe you can help me then.
I am looking for a muffler for my 75 914 1.8L. for some reason every time i find one that say its fit 1.8L , it doesnt . it seem that the muffler is too long.
I took a measurement of the top bolt holes and the distance is 24 inches. and it have 3 bolts hole on each side and its rectangle not triangle.
Do you have one at Pelican?
thank
Mueller
QUOTE (djsinister702 @ Apr 20 2005, 12:28 PM)
thank Muller...
yeah got the Maunal , gonna get the volt meter..
i bought an alarm system...and in the installing maunal. it say to slice THE EXISTING LOW CURRENT START SOLENOID WIRE...
any idea on where that wire is located?
thank

that is for the alarm??

I guess it would be to disable the ignition (if using the key or trying to hotwire it) of course a good thief could just use a screwdriver at the starter to start the car if they knew how to play with the wiring in the engine compartment and had some jumper wires ohmy.gif
djsinister702
Mike,
that doesnt make me feel better... wacko.gif .
i'll make sure i dont bring my 914 around you.hehehehe
thank for the info
Mueller
QUOTE (djsinister702 @ Apr 20 2005, 02:23 PM)
thank Dave,
found it....now all i have to do is put it all together and hopefully it will start and run...hehehehe

Dave,
you're at Pelican Parts right? well maybe you can help me then.
I am looking for a muffler for my 75 914 1.8L. for some reason every time i find one that say its fit 1.8L , it doesnt . it seem that the muffler is too long.
I took a measurement of the top bolt holes and the distance is 24 inches. and it have 3 bolts hole on each side and its rectangle not triangle.
Do you have one at Pelican?
thank

can you take a picture of the exhaust?

these cars are over 30 years old and many have had multiple owners, good chance your exhaust is not stock....hopefully it was backdated to an earlier exhaust
djsinister702
mike...or you Dave too?
i thought i reply to Dave...heheheheh
yeah i think so too that these are not stock headers.
Dave_Darling
Yup, see my reply to the PM.

A pic of your heat exchangers would help us to ID them. Then you can get the type of muffler that bolts up to the exchangers you have.

OK, my first opportunity...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.