Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally have a 914 again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turbonet
Just thought I would say hi.

Car was missing a few parts but quite complete overall. There is some rust. (Pacific Northwest weather takes it toll)

Currently trying to decide whether to drive for a couple years before starting the restoration.
ndfrigi
Nice color sir! And yes drive it for a while and fix one item at a time! Usually if someone start restoring or resto mod it, it will end up how many years because you will find several more needs some fixing/repairs!

JawjaPorsche
Nice Score! beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Drive it for awhile then restore. Unless it's gonna split in half.
Maybe get as well enjoy it for awhile!
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats!
mbseto
Nice!
Cairo94507
Unless the rust is structural, I would drive it for at least a season and get some seat time so you are motivated once it goes on jack stands to get it back on its wheels as quickly as possible. Once they come apart, they take on a mythical nature of "when they ran/drove" over beers.

Oh, welcome.png
iwanta914-6
I'm always curious, how did you find it?
Frankvw
Nice find ! Nice color, good year !
Have fun with teh car. Welcome !
sdthomas
Nice job! I remember seeing it on the Seattle Craigslist a few weeks ago and thought it seemed like a good price.

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 25 2016, 08:07 AM) *

I'm always curious, how did you find it?
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(sdthomas @ Oct 25 2016, 11:11 AM) *

Nice job! I remember seeing it on the Seattle Craigslist a few weeks ago and thought it seemed like a good price.

I'm constantly searching all of Craigslist and must have missed this one.
turbonet
Its actually a Canadian car. Second owner. Bought here in British Columbia.

I had been looking for a while when the ad popped up on Vancouver Craigslist.

Rust isn't too bad. PO took on the hell hole a number of years ago and did an ok job but I need to survey the passenger side longitudinal. There is rust there just don't know how bad. Doors open and close fine.

The car was almost complete. Had to buy a couple of things for it.

Bought the COA and it is original.
yellow75
Nice!!
steuspeed
Get her out on the road. Good looking car. driving.gif
carr914
Congrats and Welcome welcome.png to the Alaska Blue Group!

Click to view attachment
TM_Corey
Congrats!!

More pics please. It's exactly what my 74 2.0 will look like in the Spring. Same color, same top, same wheels... near twins.

Can't wait!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.