I mentioned in my Build Off Challenge thread that I have a "race car fab buddy" who's advising on my cage and other elements of my build. His name is Martin Windmill. His experience, perspective and opinion continue to be invaluable.
I can't tell you how many times Martin will look at something I'm trying to figure out and in 2 seconds he'll say, "Why don't you just..." and outline a solution that suddenly seems so obvious and sound.
If you ever have the opportunity to con these sorts of resources into helping you, DO IT! smilie_pokal.gif

I thought you might enjoy seeing one of the cool projects he's had a hand in completing while working at Huffaker Racing at Sonoma Raceway: restoration of a Huffaker Genie - a very cool 60's sports racer that had various incarnations from inline 4 to Corvair to V8 power. This one was a Mk-IV.

Here's a link to some of the pics. Martin is the fellow with the beard/doing the welding.

I'm always fascinated when I see these pre-computer designed cars and picture the racer/builders who designed and proved these out. So awesome, so cool. pray.gif

Anyway, enjoy! (And no protesting my build because of this! happy11.gif )

http://www.bridgewaymotors.com/contentpage.aspx?Id=6931