Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Pad Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I am putting the dash into my car this weekend, would like to know how you installed the dash pad. Does anyone have a picture of how the defroster vents fit? I didn't take the car apart, so it is like a puzzle piece. Once the PAD is in I will install my 914 Rubber dash. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Ed
tygaboy
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Oct 25 2016, 06:14 PM) *

I am putting the dash into my car this weekend, would like to know how you installed the dash pad. Does anyone have a picture of how the defroster vents fit? I didn't take the car apart, so it is like a puzzle piece. Once the PAD is in I will install my 914 Rubber dash. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Ed

Maybe this will help w/part of it? Not sure how far apart your car may be...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=86942
Coondog
Search you tube. Good 15min. video on this subject.
iankarr
Is the metal dash frame out of the car? If so, you'll find it a lot easier to work on it. Also easier if the glass is out. The order that worked best for me was 1) refurbish the face material, 2) install new upper dash foam and vinyl, tucking the excess around the curved cutout for the vents, 3) Install the new dash top (protecting the upper dash from scuffing by the dash top studs). 4) Install the entire dash as one unit into the car. If you have a helper, it'll be easier to place the wiring harness in the right spot when the dash goes in.

When I did mine, the windshield was out. I took the defroster vents off by removing the spring clamps that hold the two halves together in the front trunk (they're very fragile, be careful). Once the pad was in place, i gently worked the vents back up into the slots. Then finished it off with a new rubber dash-to-windshield seal from 914rubber.

Here's a pic. Enjoy!

Click to view attachment
Blue6
I have a metal dash frame with the dash pad still attached taken out of an early car. Let me know if any pics of the underside would help you with your project... dave
Mowog4
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Oct 25 2016, 07:24 PM) *

Is the metal dash frame out of the car? If so, you'll find it a lot easier to work on it. Also easier if the glass is out. The order that worked best for me was 1) refurbish the face material, 2) install new upper dash foam and vinyl, tucking the excess around the curved cutout for the vents, 3) Install the new dash top (protecting the upper dash from scuffing by the dash top studs). 4) Install the entire dash as one unit into the car. If you have a helper, it'll be easier to place the wiring harness in the right spot when the dash goes in.

When I did mine, the windshield was out. I took the defroster vents off by removing the spring clamps that hold the two halves together in the front trunk (they're very fragile, be careful). Once the pad was in place, i gently worked the vents back up into the slots. Then finished it off with a new rubber dash-to-windshield seal from 914rubber.

Here's a pic. Enjoy!

Click to view attachment

This should work perfectly, this picture is great. I will assemble it this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.