Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 911 horn button
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ken914
I'm looking for a 1965-1967 911 horn button. Back then they made two styles, one had side wings on it and one was just the simple button.

I'm looking for just the button to make a 914/6 GT replica wheel.

Can anyone help me find one???

I have tried Parts Heaven and EASY.

Thanks.
Scott S
Took me forever to find mine. I had given up infact. I bought three from various places that were wrecking yard type places, and in each case the leather was in terrible shape. Went to New Hampshire on a business trip. I was in a warehouse district and there was a destroyed early 912 that had been cut apart for something, and there it was in perfect condition. Found someone inside and paid 5.00 for it. mueba.gif

Took me forever to get the horn to work again.
smg914
They are on ebay all the time. I've seen 5 or 6 of them in the last 6 months. One sold last week for something like $87.00.
Eric_Shea
echo_c nyons should be ble to help. He's "hording" them biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 20 2005, 07:55 PM)
echo_canyons should be able to help. He's "hording" them

that'd be "hoarding" them.

although - if he'll put out if the price is right - wouldn't that be "whoreding" ?
Eric_Shea
my _ key doesn't work
echocanyons
I acutally bought a bunch of them with only a couple that were in decent condition.

My BIG plan was to source the leather and debossing of the crest and restore a complete RS/GT look wheel.

Well

I ended up selling one good one and keeping the other....

But if you know someone who is willing to deboss some crests into leather I have a bunch of caps "cores".

markb
I've also got one good one and one without the leather. Should someone do the leather, I'll definately want one.
ken914
Thanks for the help.

The quest goes on...
schreiber
Bump: 3 years later... icon_bump.gif

This thread caught my eye. I think would like to do something like this, especially since my horn is torn to pieces right now. Does anyone know of anyplace that sells originals? Replicas? Anyone here have extras lying around?

I'm not really interested in paying $369 on ebay
TravisNeff
You'd think someone would be making a replica piece since used ones regularly go for over $400. You can get the embossed repro vinyl or leather on ebay from time to time.
dflesburg
Yeah, like somebody should make...

Tail lights with gaskets
Shift knobs
cv joints
fuel injection parts
TravisNeff
HA! ask and you shall recieve. A full replica, too bad they want $100 more than what it should go for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...6.c0.m245.l1318
Eric_Shea
Mittlemotor.

The early 911 gang has set the price so $350-400 is going rate.
jasons
LOL I scored 5 16" fuchs from a guy on craigslist for $175. AND, he threw one of those horn buttons in the deal. The leather was wasted, but I got one of the vinyl repop ones from ebay for like $30. I think it came from Hungary?
Eric_Shea
You should be ashamed of yourself! biggrin.gif

I think you can find leather covers.
type47fan
I had been looking for years and finally scored one at a VW swap meet. It was in a box of misc. interior parts. The leather was gone and the chrome ring dull. Bought one of the Hungarian covers and had the ring rechromed.

Keep looking. They're out there!

Thanks,
michel richard
I want one too. I looked a little bit during Hershey past couple of years, but without success. I'll keep looking.

Michel
Scott S
400.00?!?!?!

Holy cow! At those prices, I may have to sell it!
schreiber
nice picture, wayne. thats what i'm looking for! i guess i'll keep on looking.
schreiber
icon_bump.gif
I continue to look for the elusive horn button. Anyone got one of these at a good price? My steering wheel is naked without one.

Click to view attachment
markb
We've got a coupe of boxes of 912 parts, I'll take a look tomorrow.
ChicagoPete
These have been coming on eBay a bit more frequently lately. Additionally the prices have come down a bit as well...I know MittelMotor is making a replica that Martin Baker has been involved with...so it has to be pretty good.

Here is a link to one that sold recently, looks nice at a reasonable price...have to keep your eye on eBay, they are there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

Peter
schreiber
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 24 2009, 09:41 PM) *

We've got a coupe of boxes of 912 parts, I'll take a look tomorrow.

Let me know for sure. Thanks!

QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ Feb 25 2009, 04:20 AM) *

These have been coming on eBay a bit more frequently lately. Additionally the prices have come down a bit as well...I know MittelMotor is making a replica that Martin Baker has been involved with...so it has to be pretty good.

Here is a link to one that sold recently, looks nice at a reasonable price...have to keep your eye on eBay, they are there.

Peter

That's a nice one! I'll be interested to hear about the replica one too. I'd settle for a replica. smile.gif
michaelmoo
That ebay one sold for less than I've seen them go for. Most are over $300 now thanks to the early 911 guys.

The MittelMotor replica is around 260 Euros. I've seen pictures of it and it isn't 100%. There is another company that is going to make them that (from what I've seen) will be 100%. As soon as I'm allowed to say anything I will.
markb
Sorry gang, no luck. A bunch of other cool 912 stuff, but no horn button.
smg914
I have a very nice one but I would not sell it cheap. I would just assume keep it because someday I may want to install a GT steering wheel in my M471.
schreiber
QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 25 2009, 01:35 PM) *

I have a very nice one but I would not sell it cheap. I would just assume keep it because someday I may want to install a GT steering wheel in my M471.

dry.gif
...i'm jealous
Gustl
QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 25 2009, 08:35 PM) *

maybe you would want to sell me your M471 including that horn button idea.gif

rolleyes.gif Gustl
smg914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 25 2009, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 25 2009, 08:35 PM) *

maybe you would want to sell me your M471 including that horn button idea.gif

rolleyes.gif Gustl

Gustl,
I love ya like a brother from a different mother.
michel richard
QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ Feb 25 2009, 02:20 AM) *

Peter

Sorry but over US$ 200 is not quite in the reasonable range for me. I must be a cheapskate (sp?)

Michel
ChicagoPete
Very nice replica of these are now for sale on Early911Sregistry...$250 shipped.

I am certainly in for one.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/sho...ead.php?t=26438

Peter
michaelmoo
Jeffery's wheels and hockey puck are 100% correct. He has fantastic stuff.

http://www.classicowheels.com/

ChicagoPete
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ Mar 30 2009, 10:03 AM) *

I would have to take your word on that, as I have never seen any of his stuff. But, if it is as good as you say it is...this has to be a great deal!

Peter
RJMII
I've got that horn button in my car, too. =o) I've been keeping it for about 18 years, since I bought my first 914. It's my 'lucky steering wheel center'. Even when I sold my first car to Kevin because of rust issues, I kept the center horn. I like it!
michaelmoo
QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ Mar 30 2009, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(michaelmoo @ Mar 30 2009, 10:03 AM) *

I would have to take your word on that, as I have never seen any of his stuff. But, if it is as good as you say it is...this has to be a great deal!

Peter

I have one of his wheels. I'll post some pictures of it this weekend. It is crazy close to the original. From any markings or stamps down to the rivets on the hub. Even the sticthing is correct. Jeffery is a perfectionist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.