Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Customs has a Celette bench....again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Fixture fabrication is imminent. SirAndy needs them.... ph34r.gif

Original post from 2011. yikes.gif
Mueller
Great to hear, hope to never have to use it!
McMark
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 26 2016, 11:42 AM) *

Great to hear, hope to never have to use it!

It's an awfully big paperweight. av-943.gif
blackmoon
Nice, new toys before Christmas
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 26 2016, 08:42 AM) *
hope to never have to use it!

My car needs it ...
smash.gif
altitude411
Very nice! I wish I was able to hall my six to you for inside longs. I would have left yesterday if... one day Mark, one day.

Don't let that blow away in the MI winter winds. biggrin.gif
JoeDees
I'm hoping that after I move back to KY next summer and we make the obligatory visit to in-laws in Battle Creek I can find a day's escape and make a visit, I just hope I don't have to trailer my car there to "see" the bench, but rather just see it.

This post also goes for Rick and the obligatory visit to in-laws in Duluth...

Can one make a "pilgrimage" to see a Celette?
sixnotfour
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 26 2016, 09:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 26 2016, 08:42 AM) *
hope to never have to use it!

My car needs it ...
smash.gif

again ??
EdwardBlume
Congrats! aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif NICE!!!!
McMark
Things just got real! boldblue.gif Just ordered the fixtures to adapt my old bench to the new Celette setup. They abandoned and destroyed all the old style fixtures -- the big orange ones you've probably seen in pictures. These new fixtures bring me up to date so I can once again rent fixtures for 914/911/356 (not to mention Alfa, BMW,etc).

For those others members with Celette benches, these will be available to rent when I'm not using them. We'll all chat sometime about the details. sunglasses.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 12 2017, 07:31 AM) *

Things just got real! boldblue.gif Just ordered the fixtures to adapt my old bench to the new Celette setup. They abandoned and destroyed all the old style fixtures -- the big orange ones you've probably seen in pictures. These new fixtures bring me up to date so I can once again rent fixtures for 914/911/356 (not to mention Alfa, BMW,etc).

For those others members with Celette benches, these will be available to rent when I'm not using them. We'll all chat sometime about the details. sunglasses.gif

Solid investment that benefits the whole community. Thank you!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 12 2017, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 12 2017, 07:31 AM) *

Solid investment that benefits the whole community. Thank you!

agree.gif aktion035.gif I need to make a drive up sometime and maybe we can have a chowtime.gif & beer3.gif or two and Founders. I'm a beer snob (according to my friends) and need to make a run when they release KBS.
76-914
Is "real" spelled with dollar signs? $$$$
rick 918-S
beerchug.gif
timothy_nd28
Like an idiot, I welded new floor pans and stiffening kits on my 914 while it was upside down on a rotisserie and also unbraced. Lessons were learned, and the positive door gaps are a constant reminder.

I was thinking about taking out the seats and use a forklift with extended forks to fork down to fix this problem, but was pointed out from a friend that fork lifts don't push down.

Can this Celette bench fix this nightmare, and how much would you estimate this to cost?
McMark
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 12 2017, 11:27 AM) *
aktion035.gif I need to make a drive up sometime and maybe we can have a chowtime.gif & beer3.gif or two and Founders. I'm a beer snob (according to my friends) and need to make a run when they release KBS.
Absolutely! Come by anytime. Now that I'm finally feeling settled in MI, we gotta get the 'local' guys together this summer.

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 12 2017, 12:11 PM) *
Lotsa dollar signs. wacko.gif

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 12 2017, 12:29 PM) *
Can this Celette bench fix this nightmare, and how much would you estimate this to cost?
Absolutely. beerchug.gif

Lots of variables that could change the price depending on how much work needs to be done, and how the car arrives. Without inspecting the car and the 'damage' in person it could range anywhere...

dropping the motor and the complete suspension and the removing the stiffening kit, then pulling/pushing where necessary and reinstalling a new stiffening kit

To:
Just dropping the front struts and rear shocks, cutting a relief in the long and then rewelding (and reinforcing) that cut in the correct place.

I also made a set of these door jigs awhile back which really help out.
IPB Image
mb911
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 12 2017, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 12 2017, 11:27 AM) *
aktion035.gif I need to make a drive up sometime and maybe we can have a chowtime.gif & beer3.gif or two and Founders. I'm a beer snob (according to my friends) and need to make a run when they release KBS.
Absolutely! Come by anytime. Now that I'm finally feeling settled in MI, we gotta get the 'local' guys together this summer.

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 12 2017, 12:11 PM) *
Lotsa dollar signs. wacko.gif

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jan 12 2017, 12:29 PM) *
Absolutely. beerchug.gif

Lots of variables that could change the price depending on how much work needs to be done, and how the car arrives. Without inspecting the car and the 'damage' in person it could range anywhere...

dropping the motor and the complete suspension and the removing the stiffening kit, then pulling/pushing where necessary and reinstalling a new stiffening kit

To:
Just dropping the front struts and rear shocks, cutting a relief in the long and then rewelding (and reinforcing) that cut in the correct place.

I also made a set of these door jigs awhile back which really help out.
IPB Image

That is cool same basic thing I did.. I may at some point bring my car by for a pull to make it 100%
IronHillRestorations
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
914werke
what are these?
McMark
Vice Grip style clamps.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 12 2017, 12:31 PM) *

Let Scott Yeaman know. He isn't on here so...
McMark
Christmas time! santa_smiley.gif
Krieger
Merry Christmas! Congratulations on the new toys!
SirAndy
w00t.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 23 2017, 02:45 PM) *

w00t.gif

Round two on the bench for your 6 Andy? biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 23 2017, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 23 2017, 02:45 PM) *

w00t.gif

Round two on the bench for your 6 Andy? biggrin.gif

Yes, and that reminds me, i have to throw some money at the guys at RD so McMark can get started ...
sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif
rudedude
who did you talk to at celette for the pieces and how long did it take to get them? My bench is empty and needs a project.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rudedude @ Mar 23 2017, 08:55 PM) *

who did you talk to at celette for the pieces and how long did it take to get them? My bench is empty and needs a project.

these are just adapters for the old style benches so the can use the new style fixtures...
McMark
Just used their contact from the website. Took 3mo or so. Look back on this thread and you can piece together the timeline.

And those blue pieces cost more than most 914s. pinch.gif
mb911
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 26 2017, 07:36 AM) *

Just used their contact from the website. Took 3mo or so. Look back on this thread and you can piece together the timeline.

And those blue pieces cost more than most 914s. pinch.gif

Ugh!
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.