Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost my tits today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
As part of my AX weight loss program I removed the bumper "tits" off my 74 today. Thats a good 8-10 lbs gone. Pulled the rear heater fan and few other things too. ...and that firewall insulation mat is incredibly heavy! I'm easily up to 100 lbs + off the car now. The KH header and Supertrapp muffler really shed a ton of weight from the stock system.

Fibergalss decks and bumpers will be here soon too.

I'm starting the South Beach Diet this week as well and hope to lose 50 lbs.

By the end of the season I should easily be down 200 lbs (driver + car) from where I started just last month.

I'm definetly slipping down the slope to a dedicated AX car now. wacko.gif
Eric_Shea
200lbs is tremendous. Your engine will love you. Should be fun. smilie_pokal.gif

Keep going sawzall-smiley.gif
Dman
Careful! ohmy.gif If you lose all that weight it may be harder to blow that 1.8 so you can do that upgrade you want!

Besides you are fast enough as it is. beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
Don't Look Now.
You are not alone.
-20# sence Jan 2 and haven't thought about the car. happy11.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
Trekkor
I'm definetly slipping down the slope to a dedicated AX car now.

Good!

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dman @ Apr 20 2005, 07:32 PM)
Careful! ohmy.gif If you lose all that weight it may be harder to blow that 1.8 so you can do that upgrade you want!

Besides you are fast enough as it is. beerchug.gif

Its starting to smoke a little more. My sense is its geting ready to depart later this year happy11.gif

...I'm really thinking of going for a 2.3 liter big bore. I figure Nor Cal needs to have a 914 dominated 2006. With all the great cars that are going to be ready later this year I want to join in the fun!

With my new company rolling in May I'll have some cash to spend soon. I am also going to dump a car or two and will have enough funds to go for a roll cage, fatter wheels and tires etc later this year.
Trekkor
Yes!!!

This is great. fantastic.

I approve this thread.

KT
nebreitling
way to go grant. what class are you aiming to end up end? Fm? Gm? your 2.3 would put you in Gm, i think...

why don't you build a <2155 and play w/ us in Fm?
wrpspddrvr
Sa-weet! When I pulled my firewall insulation mat thing, I weighed it (first just me, then me with the mat type of deal) in at 13 pounds!
Look foward to seeing your setup!

Cole

PS The best diet in the world has been around for ages. Burn more calories than you consume. In other words, eat the same amount of food you eat now (eat healthy!) and exercise more, or don't eat as much as you do now (eat healthy!) and do the same amount of activity. Just remember, when you're losing weight, you're SUPPOSED to be a little hungry. I lost 50 pounds using this method. It's all about patience and determination. Don't lose more than 3 pounds a week (not good for the body).

Remember that not all weight is fat. If you're exercising, you're probably putting on muscle while you're losing fat. Makes for some interesting scale readings. For instance, I was stuck at/around 190 (currently a good, steady 184 and 6'6") for several weeks because I was putting on muscle weight at the same rate I was burning off fat weight.
Joe Ricard
Wish I could lose more weight. already at 155 lbs. So I guess I'll have to keep taking it off the car. lol2.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif w00t.gif 1972lbs at last count.
But hey I can pick up one end of the stripper now. biggrin.gif
URY914
biggrin.gif Keep going, Brother...

Paul
Joe Ricard
found em
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Apr 21 2005, 05:47 AM)
found em

Don't know if I want to loose those again! laugh.gif
URY914
Air pressure is sorta high there. wink.gif
SGB
I didn't even know my monitor could do 3-D like that.
blink.gif
theol00
hmmmmm....and look at the headlights of the Roller .... ohmy.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Apr 20 2005, 09:03 PM)
way to go grant. what class are you aiming to end up end? Fm? Gm? your 2.3 would put you in Gm, i think...

why don't you build a <2155 and play w/ us in Fm?

I just dont know if I take all this classing stuff seriously enough yet. I could run fun class in everything I do and still have a blast. But then I think maybe as I get into this ax/track thing more I might take classes more seriously. I do like the rating system on the GGR website.

I just like the idea of the torque I'd get from a bigger T4. I have spent most of my sports car driving years in great handling cars with real wimpy engines (I started in a Hillman Imp with a 997cc engine). Granted I have learned how to go fast without much power, but I want a car that really challenges me and a 2300 cc just sounds cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.