Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeff's 2270 Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NCRider
Hi all ,
I started my 2270 build in 2013 and as many of use life had other things I was to do. But Im back on it now. Im starting this so I have a topic I can ask for advise. Below are 2 Topics a posted in 2013 as part of this build.

Case Stud Sealant?
Rocker set question?

Currently I am shuffling cylinders and pistons around to get CR as close as I can across all cylinders. I am finding some deviations in chamber volumes, deck heights & stroke measurements.

I didn't measure the crank stroke on the bench before i put it in the motor for the mock up. But I will once I tear it down. I am however measuring it directly for each cylinder, and finding bit of deviation from cylinder to cylinder. Im guessing that this is some what expected. Let me know what you guys think about measuring stoke in this way. Im thinking its pretty accurate with all the parts in place. The A's & B's represent the head chamber volumes with the heads in the 2 possession. The little box number are the spigots and the big numbers are the cylinders and sub numbers are the piston numbers.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Jeff
ottox914
WOW, thats a sweet rig for measuring deck height. You build it or buy it?
NCRider
I made them. I hope to make some progress this weekend.

Click to view attachment
NCRider
Does anyone know what the spec is for the difference in cylinder height? I have about .0025 difference when torqued down. Will that cause a problem with the head sealing?

Click to view attachment

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.