Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC05 participants, look for Felix's...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Before you toss that piece of paper one of you will win, I want to explain what you won... This is my contribution to the WCC05 charity and I thought it would be cool to do a sketch for a fellow 914 owner.

A little about me: I had an early passion for art and excelled into high school. I took a break from art focusing instead on police law, engineering prep, and partying. After 4 years of junior college laugh.gif my old friend Ron convinced me not transfer to SJ State for an engineering degree and instead attend the Art Center College of Design with him to study Transportation Design. It was not the best financial decision because I had a Cal grant for a State College and not for a private school. We spent the night putting a portfolio together and driving the next day to Pasadena to drop them off with our applications. A few weeks later, I was accepted and he was not. huh.gif This was in the early 80's when I began to build my V8 914.
neo914-6
Here's some "fine" art. Excuse the lousy photo, I don't have a large scanner...

The Miura and Talbot are actually large pieces. The former in Dr. Martin Dyes and the later in guache and pastel. The lower left is stipple (ink dots) and the formula car is marker and pastel...
neo914-6
Here is a piece that illustrates my Jaide V8 conversion parts. It is marker and guache paint on canson paper...
neo914-6
This is a pastel and marker drawing on velum paper...pic has glare confused24.gif

It is the Jaide Meras 914 with some of my "improvements" to the side and hood intake.
neo914-6
Here's a recent piece on a ceramic plate while at Petroglyph with my daughter. You pay a studio fee and pick a plaster piece and they provide all the paint and kiln. Painting on plaster is not easy because it soaks up moisture and it's color changes after it's baked.
neo914-6
Here's a fun piece I've also done recently, you may have noticed it in Muellers avatar...
mightyohm
Wow! You have some serious talent Felix!!

The engine diagram blew me away.
BIGKAT_83
Felix those are great....... Thats is one NICE gift for someone

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif BOB
Mueller
Cool....I want to win that !!!!!

skline
I am now officially impressed Felix, I could never do anything even remotely like that. Some people are gifted that way, I was not, and clearly, you were. Outstanding work. pray.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 21 2005, 07:49 AM)
I am now officially impressed Felix, I could never do anything even remotely like that. Some people are gifted that way, I was not, and clearly, you were. Outstanding work. pray.gif

tell me about it...I'm still trying to figure out what my "gift" or natural talent is wacko.gif
I'm beginning to think I don't have one blink.gif

Jenny
Helping to keep your 914 on jack stands!!!

Jen wink.gif
neo914-6
Thanks all, biggrin.gif

I forgot to mention the art will be a color sketch, not one of the tight renderings earlier dipicted. I may get as tight as the Meras though. Here's a sketch of a "Carrera GT 914" concept.
teenrookie
Felix-

What a gift!!

Are you a freelance artist or do you work for a firm?

I used to do facility management for three different automotive design studios (Toyota, Ford and Mazda) Your work is definately on par with what I have seen there over the years.

So did you friend become a cop? smile.gif
Howard
Felix, thanks for posting that. I printed it for the Raffle. Nice looking work!
bondo
Wowie! You're good! How much are raffle tickets? smile.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 21 2005, 06:41 AM)
Cool....I want to win that !!!!!

I want to win your bearings... idea.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 21 2005, 08:18 AM)
Felix, thanks for posting that. I printed it for the Raffle. Nice looking work!

how many other people printed it out as well smile.gif

Howard
Muhahahaha..

I'm keeping both smilie_pokal.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 21 2005, 08:48 AM)
Felix, thanks for posting that.  I printed it for the Raffle.  Nice looking work!

Ooh, good idea.. are you going to post a similar certificate for the bearings? smile.gif

(my printer is warmed up and ready)
Mueller
QUOTE (bondo @ Apr 21 2005, 08:52 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 21 2005, 08:48 AM)
Felix, thanks for posting that.  I printed it for the Raffle.  Nice looking work!

Ooh, good idea.. are you going to post a similar certificate for the bearings? smile.gif

(my printer is warmed up and ready)

Howard has had the bearings for a few months now...there are probebly on his car right now, he's just waiting to take them off in case his name is not pulled smile.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (teenrookie @ Apr 21 2005, 07:16 AM)
Felix-

What a gift!!

Are you a freelance artist or do you work for a firm?

I used to do facility management for three different automotive design studios (Toyota, Ford and Mazda)  Your work is definately on par with what I have seen there over the years.

So did you friend become a cop? smile.gif

Thanks,
getting into a California design studio takes ALL three of: talent, timing, and showmanship. I could have pushed for a job in Detroit but was too Cali oriented at the time.

My only professonal transportation design work was an airport bus for Gillig. It was really fun since they never had an in-house designer and they gave me full design freedom (within mechanical constraints). They sent me to England where the interior panels were manufactured, Texas manufacturing plant, Colorado for the front and rear caps, and to Germany for the huge annual Transportation Show. I was lured away from aesthetic design to the now ailing semiconductor industry where I remain today... wacko.gif

I was the one who got a cert in Admin of Justice but never pursued that field.

My current plans are to make Neo914 SEMA worthy to open doors for design opportunities...
Howard
I bagged the RennShift, Rechargeable Impact Wrench, and R/C GT3, too.
The rest of you get the crooked 914club hats! ohmy.gif

Seriously, no raffle tickets this year. Names will be drawn from the bowl, so everyone wins something. You don't need to be there to win.
Chris Julian
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Very Cool. Do you have time for other work?

Chris

markb
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 21 2005, 07:07 AM)
Helping to keep your 914 on jack stands!!!

Jen wink.gif

agree.gif smile.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 20 2005, 11:56 PM)
Here's a recent piece on a ceramic plate while at Petroglyph with my daughter. You pay a studio fee and pick a plaster piece and they provide all the paint and kiln. Painting on plaster is not easy because it soaks up moisture and it's color changes after it's baked.

Actually you were painting on bisque-fired porcelain, not plaster.

Anyway... Dude! You are a rock'n artist!
nebreitling
VERY nice felix. i've got my fingers crossed!

btw, my sister went to Art Center. guys: this is one if not THE TOP school for automotive design. very impressive, felix.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Chris Julian @ Apr 21 2005, 08:15 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Very Cool. Do you have time for other work?

Chris

Do you mean freelance work? Yes I can be comissioned biggrin.gif (I'm more inclined to do fun 914 related work). After completing a set of Neo914 renderings that I need for SEMA and sponsorship then I will be open to other projects...
Chris914n6
Dam Felix, that's good drawing skillz.

I couldn't mature past technical drawings laugh.gif

Chris
bondo
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 21 2005, 09:12 AM)
I bagged the RennShift, Rechargeable Impact Wrench, and R/C GT3, too.
The rest of you get the crooked 914club hats! ohmy.gif

Seriously, no raffle tickets this year. Names will be drawn from the bowl, so everyone wins something. You don't need to be there to win.

Awesome! More money for track fees! smile.gif
neo914-6
One more for Chalon'ers (Skline, Spare Time Toys, Bat From Hell...)

This is an example of a color "sketch" for the winner... smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I went to a car show on the campus of the Art School of Design last year. I was more impressed with the school and the campus than the cars that were there. What a beutiful school. You are lucky to be talented enough to attend there. I was told that half the automobile designers in Detroit are graduates of that school. Many of the class rooms were open and some students were working on projects. Some of the CAD machines were up and running and I was totally amazed. I like your work and hope to see more in the future.
Cheers, Elliot
neo914-6
QUOTE (GTeener @ Apr 21 2005, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 20 2005, 11:56 PM)
Here's a recent piece on a ceramic plate while at Petroglyph with my daughter.  You pay a studio fee and pick a plaster piece and they provide all the paint and kiln.  Painting on plaster is not easy because it soaks up moisture and it's color changes after it's baked.

Actually you were painting on bisque-fired porcelain, not plaster.

Anyway... Dude! You are a rock'n artist!

Please don't say the "p" word. My wife is competing with my car spending by buying collectible Lladros figurines... ohmy.gif

At least one of our collections are appreciating. laugh.gif

Thanks Gwen, I liked your hat design!
Jeroen
how come I hadn't seen this thread before?
all I can say is...

W O W ! ! !

you have some serious talent here!
Chip Foose move over laugh.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif Felix, wonderful art! I knew I bid on the right goods during the WCC05 silent auction. I plan on having a professional photograph taken of my car in October (with Kaila Yu).

I look forward to your work.

Dan
oldschool
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 21 2005, 07:08 AM) *

Thanks all, <!-- emo&:D -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

I forgot to mention the art will be a color sketch, not one of the tight renderings earlier dipicted. I may get as tight as the Meras though. Here's a sketch of a "Carrera GT 914" concept.

cool stuff Felix if you ever what to print some up(screen print) I've been printing since the early 80's and run a graphic shop.
I really haven't seen any cool 914 shirts out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.