Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car pulled straight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Jetsetsurfshop
Hey Guys,
The body shop removed the headlight buckets and all metal associated with that area. (it was all crunched up anyways) The question is the support that goes from the front to the side of the inner fenders is gone. I could pull them out of my donor car, I could just make a simple round bar support, or could just leave it out too.
Thanks as always
beer.gif
crash914
I needed that also, not available from restoration design.

I ended up reworking mine to straighten it up.
wndsrfr
I'd pull the donor car piece...put it in for crumple energy absorption if nothing else...I
stugray
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Oct 30 2016, 06:05 PM) *

I'd pull the donor car piece...put it in for crumple energy absorption if nothing else...I

OT, but did you say "crumple energy absorption"?
I know this is a big weight hit, but a 911 driver died a couple years ago at our local track when he hit the wall and ruptured the fuel cell.

IPB Image
FourBlades

I would get the piece from a donor or fab a sheet and put some ridges in with a bead roller that run from the front to the back.

I think people are right and it would be good to have more metal to absorb any front end hits.

Its looking good, you will be ready for Chump next year. piratenanner.gif

John
Jetsetsurfshop
I bought a donor car but ended up making some from scratch. They came out pretty good. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
John,
Thanks again for the parts, couldn't of got her back together without them.
beerchug.gif
FourBlades

No worries, Shane, glad I had what you needed.

Now add some bars in the front there like people have shown.

Then you can push slow people out of the way with confidence... smile.gif

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.