Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Moving a trailer from FL to WA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PlaysWithCars
I'm considering buying a car trailer that is located in Florida and I'll need to get it moved to Washington. Anyone have any experience / recommendations for getting it moved?

As the trailer will be empty, there may also be a possibility for me to offer a ride to someone's car to share the shipping cost. But, I'm guessing that the logistics options for pick up and delivery will be very limited though.
barefoot
Hellova long way to haul a trailer, are there none for sale in Wa ???
altitude411
agree.gif Even if it was a free trailer I'm not sure it would pencil out. Unless you just want to see the whole country... blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 30 2016, 01:58 PM) *

agree.gif Even if it was a free trailer I'm not sure it would pencil out. Unless you just want to see the whole country... blink.gif

agree.gif and not many 914's travel back this direction... biggrin.gif
PlaysWithCars
Yeah, I know. Pretty ambitious. But this is a fully enclosed trailer with some nice extras added. I think I can get it here for about what it would cost me to buy a basic enclosed with no extras locally. It's shocking how much more expensive trailers are here on the west coast. Most manufacturers are in the middle or eastern US. so shipping out here adds a bunch.

Cars do occasionally come this way. My -6 came out of TC's stable in Florida. Thought that someone else might be in the same situation that we could share transportation cost and each save some cash.
ConeDodger
Ok, you didn't say enclosed. Harder to find, sometimes worth the trip...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.