Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for FI ITBS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stugray
Direct replacement for Weber IDFs, so our manifolds & linkages will work.

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products2/twin-thr...0mm-pair-tfpxxi

IPB Image

Thats ~$550 for the pair. Not too bad.
ConeDodger
Been there, done that. Check out "just Another Damned Project Thread."
Mark Henry
Jenvey are good, but IIRC there's fitment issues on the stack/air cleaner side, different pattern. May have changed it's been quite a while since I looked at them.
Good price, I think they used to be that price each. huh.gif

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 30 2016, 02:12 PM) *

blink.gif 55 pages, a hint would be nice.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 30 2016, 03:06 PM) *

Jenvey are good, but IIRC there's fitment issues on the stack/air cleaner side, different pattern. May have changed it's been quite a while since I looked at them.
Good price, I think they used to be that price each. huh.gif

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 30 2016, 02:12 PM) *

blink.gif 55 pages, a hint would be nice.

I certainly didn't have fitment issues. It's on page 1 so... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
This is what's interesting to me. I have my 240Z and just finished a 3 liter high compression stroker motor long block for it. I planned on using a stock 280Z intake manifold for it that had been extrude honed with a bigger throttle body. MS3 injection with crank fire and both MAF and MAP. Then, I discovered that Jenvey is making DCOE throttle bodies!

Oh no! What's a boy to do? biggrin.gif

Sorry, used the wrong pictures...
Mark Henry
Not crazy about the filter solution, I'd prefer a full size filter.
I imagine Mark made a proper horn and I take it that part is custom.
Hence my comment that although the bottom is the correct weber pattern, the top is not.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 30 2016, 04:33 PM) *

Then, I discovered that Jenvey is making DCOE throttle bodies!

Oh no! What's a boy to do? biggrin.gif

DCOE is the same weber manifold pattern as the IDF. shades.gif

Only difference between the IDF and DCOE is the DCOE is made to work on it's side.
Well more to it than that... but you catch my drift.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 30 2016, 04:37 PM) *

Hence my comment that although the bottom is the correct weber pattern, the top is not.

Actually, the horns and air filters were designed and built by Jake Raby and Dyno tested. He says they were the only thing he available that increased HP and torque.
Mueller
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 30 2016, 01:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 30 2016, 04:37 PM) *

Actually, the horns and air filters were designed and built by Jake Raby and Dyno tested. He says they were the only thing he available that increased HP and torque.

Yep, it had something to do with one cylinder actually "stealing" air from the cylinder right next it or something crazy like that. It was an interesting post.
914forme
i like how they hid the injectors in the DCOEs, very nice.

BTW, for $550 a pair is a steal, do they have a 3 cylinder version? dry.gif Nope, just a full kit with new manifolds.
JmuRiz
yes, the 3 cyl versions have the 911 tax on them for all ITBs I've seen....other than a DIY setup using Triumph speed triple throttle bodies.

I do like the look/idea of those DCOEs also, very stealth/cool
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 31 2016, 01:09 PM) *

yes, the 3 cyl versions have the 911 tax on them for all ITBs I've seen....other than a DIY setup using Triumph speed triple throttle bodies.

I do like the look/idea of those DCOEs also, very stealth/cool

Yes, I have to study this to see if these will work within my goals of reliability, driveability and 300HP at the crank.

Prior engine had triple Webers that were very well tuned so the engine compartment look wouldn't change!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.