Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog lamp screw and clip retainers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Next
Hey guys,

Not sure what the clips are called that the fog lamp screws go into to retain the fog lamp grill but I need 4-6 screws and clips. Anyone have any? Would prefer decent originals ones if you have them. Mine were missing two and then I lost a couple when I was cleaning the car up. Appreciate the help.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Next @ Oct 30 2016, 11:29 AM) *

Hey guys,

Not sure what the clips are called that the fog lamp screws go into to retain the fog lamp grill but I need 4-6 screws and clips. Anyone have any? Would prefer decent originals ones if you have them. Mine were missing two and then I lost a couple when I was cleaning the car up. Appreciate the help.

I bought stainless steel replacement screws but I am short on the clips too. Was going to see if I can get a small quantity made up in stainless steel.
Bruce
PCA7GGR
retaining clip part number is 914 631 961 10 and this lace shows having them:
http://www.einmaligparts.com/Retainer-Spri...47_p_86662.html

$.93 each but shipping is a bit on the steep side.

Bruce, let me know if you have some made and I'll go in with you on the cost. Thanks

Sergio
bdstone914
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Oct 30 2016, 01:43 PM) *

Bruce, let me know if you have some made and I'll go in with you on the cost. Thanks

Sergio

I sent email to Porsche to see if they are available new. Will know Monday ane post the answer.

Sergio
I will let you know if I get some made that work. Tricky clip to get to hold.
Bruce
914Next
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 30 2016, 06:17 PM) *

Sergio

I sent email to Porsche to see if they are available new. Will know Monday ane post the answer.

Sergio
I will let you know if I get some made that work. Tricky clip to get to hold.
Bruce

I would definitely go in on that too Bruce. Thanks.
bdstone914

Sergio

Einmalig has no stock and it is NLA from Porsche. Going to take a light to the fab shop to see if they can make the clips. I have a couple dozen of them plated and cant find them. headbang.gif
Again I am suspecting gnomes come in at night and hide the parts I need.
914Next
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 31 2016, 12:24 PM) *

Sergio

Einmalig has no stock and it is NLA from Porsche. Going to take a light to the fab shop to see if they can make them. I have a couple dozen of them plated and cant find them. headbang.gif

I know the feeling Bruce! I'm a buyer if you find some or find someone to make them.

Thanks

Steve
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Next @ Oct 31 2016, 09:35 AM) *

Sergio

Einmalig has no stock and it is NLA from Porsche. Going to take a light to the fab shop to see if they can make them. I have a couple dozen of them plated and cant find them. headbang.gif

I know the feeling Bruce! I'm a buyer if you find some or find someone to make them.

Thanks

Steve

I took a fog light assembly to the fab shop to see if they can make them. Have to be spring steel. Will post up date when i know.
914Next
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 2 2016, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Oct 31 2016, 09:35 AM) *

Sergio

Thanks

Steve

I took a fog light assembly to the fab shop to see if they can make them. Have to be spring steel. Will post up date when i know.

popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Guys easily made
$1 each if you guys want me to do these.
Mark
914Next
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 2 2016, 10:21 PM) *

Guys easily made
$1 each if you guys want me to do these.
Mark

Well of course we do Mark! I'm in for a set but also appreciate Bruce's efforts.
PCA7GGR
In in for a dozen. Thanks
Mikey914
I'll be back in town tomorrow. I can get the material inbound tomorrow. Figured if I have the seal, and the glass might as well get a few other pieces of the puzzle.
Harpo
I have also been searching and no luck. I have asked my fastener suppliers but none of them have anything close.

Count me in

David
TJB/914
QUOTE(Harpo @ Nov 4 2016, 07:43 PM) *

I have also been searching and no luck. I have asked my fastener suppliers but none of them have anything close.

Count me in

David

Hi David,
I just saw some in my stash (NOS). I'll send you a few so let me know?.
Tom

TJB/914
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Nov 4 2016, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Harpo @ Nov 4 2016, 07:43 PM) *

Count me in

David

Hi David,
I just saw some in my stash (NOS). I'll send you a few so let me know?.
Tom

Hey David, pickup the phone & let me know???
Mystery???
I think the (7) clips are off an original parts car & the (1) clip is new from the Porsche dealer?? Notice it has a longer tail on the hold down part that slips on the chrome fog light piece??
David let me know if you want me to mail them (free) if you need them. w00t.gif
Tom
PCA7GGR
Dah! I thought we were talking the clips that hold the foglight ring to the light housing

"What is matter? No mind.

What is mind? No matter.
porbmw
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 2 2016, 06:33 PM) *

I'll be back in town tomorrow. I can get the material inbound tomorrow. Figured if I have the seal, and the glass might as well get a few other pieces of the puzzle.

In for 8 if these hit production
Thanks
914Next
Bump....

Still looking for 8-10 original fog light assembly screw retaining clips. Or, any update Mark on your ability to have them made at 914Rubber?
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Next @ Nov 24 2016, 05:55 PM) *

Bump....

Still looking for 8-10 original fog light assembly screw retaining clips. Or, any update Mark on your ability to have them made at 914Rubber?

My fabricator said he could not do them.

Mark ?
914Next
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 24 2016, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Nov 24 2016, 05:55 PM) *

Bump....

My fabricator said he could not do them.

Mark ?

Thanks for checking Bruce.
914Next
Mark (mikey914) any update on these? Thanks.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Next @ Dec 21 2016, 08:24 PM) *

Mark (mikey914) any update on these? Thanks.

You should contact him directly rather than counting on him finding your post. I could use a bunch too.

Bruce
euro911
I remember buying a foglight grille hardware kit from Carrie (A&PGirl) a few years ago. Not sure if she still sells those kits any more confused24.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 22 2016, 01:41 AM) *

I remember buying a foglight grille hardware kit from Carrie (A&PGirl) a few years ago. Not sure if she still sells those kits any more confused24.gif

This is the small clip that hold the lens ring to the base, not the grill screws and clips.
Have not seen anything from Cary, A & P Girl. Maybe she managed to piss off the whole 914 World to the point where she had to move on to browner pastures.

Edit: Cary has not made a post since Jan 2015. piratenanner.gif

Bruce
914Next
Actually Bruce I'm looking for the clips and screws that hold the grill in place in the bumper I'll ask mark about that directly.
raynekat
QUOTE(914Next @ Dec 22 2016, 07:35 AM) *

Actually Bruce I'm looking for the clips and screws that hold the grill in place in the bumper I'll ask mark about that directly.

You can get what you need from Belmetric.
Check with the parts catalog for the right size speed nuts and screws, and you'll find everything you need on Belmetric.
I got mine there...

3.5 speednuts NS3.5YLW
3.5x13 screws MSM3.5x13

One caveat; I've yet to mount the fog light grills with this new hardware as my car is still being prepped for paint, so unsure of fit and finish. They should be fine though.
914Next
QUOTE(raynekat @ Dec 22 2016, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Dec 22 2016, 07:35 AM) *

You can get what you need from Belmetric.
Check with the parts catalog for the right size speed nuts and screws, and you'll find everything you need on Belmetric.
I got mine there...

3.5 speednuts NS3.5YLW
3.5x13 screws MSM3.5x13

One caveat; I've yet to mount the fog light grills with this new hardware as my car is still being prepped for paint, so unsure of fit and finish. They should be fine though.

Thanks. I just ordered a bunch of them so hopefully they will work. I'll have plenty of extras if others want them.....just figured it made sense to order more considering the shipping costs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.