Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAMP 914 Dashpads and Rear Targa pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
boxstr
Finally, CAMP 914 is introducing the recovered Dashpad and Rear Targa pad at this years WCC 2005. After more than a year of testing and working to get just the right materials, CAMP 914 will be bringing for display only to WCC 2005 these two tiems, which have been asked for by many 914 owners in the past.
Prices at this time are not set. It is very labor intensive and the final product shows this.
I will be asking for feedback while at WCC so please look for me and give me your opiiions, ideas and feedback.
Thanks, see you all there.
CCLINWCC2005HEREWECOME
boxstr
Rear Targa Pad.
plas76targa
Cool! Since my targa pad has the traditional full crack in it AND the dash pad just showed it's first crack I'm looking forward to seeing both of these items!

Drive safe see you Friday am
william harris
So, do you anticipate needing a core for these parts? I am definitely interested in the targa pad, as mine is cracked like every other one I've seen. Please post details as soon as possible. BTW, ordered the CAMP914 pilot lights and brackets this week. cool.gif
tat2dphreak
my rear targa pad looks like dammit! I am down for one if at all possible...
CptTripps
I'm down for a targa pad! Those look awesome!
Root_Werks
The timing on this is perfect since Dr Evil will be bowing out of this sort of thing shortly. Yeah, I would be in for a rear targa pad. The evil one did my dash's so I could have CAMP do the targa bar.

Cool! The resource lives! boldblue.gif
ewdysar
Put me down for a targa pad too. Mine's not cracked but it's got a raised lip along the top rear edge in the center, it bugs me when the top is off... I guess it might make a good core.

Eric
jim_hoyland
Craig, Thanks for bringing samples of each to the WCC. From what I saw of your samples, they are excellent, the workmanship shows through. Anyone contemplating the replacement of there pieces will be pleasantly surprised.

I'll contact you later for a match for my camel interior later.
McMark
I took a good look at them as well. 100% great stuff. This is a huge void in the 914 restoration department that has been filled. Nice job.
CptTripps
agree.gif with Mark and everyone else at WCC that saw them.

These LOOK 100% STOCK. Awesome work Craig. Get some pricing solidified, and you'll sell them all day long.
dcicchetto914
I saw these products at the Classic and they looked great. Definitly a good oportunity for those who need to replace their's.

Drue
TravisNeff
agree.gif

very nice Craig! Let us know when you have pricing nailed down. Also, what about dashpads that are a little warped above the guages?
rhodyguy
so...craig, do we order direct from you, or from aa. chairfall.gif the pictures don't do the parts justice. you need to hold one in your hands to appreciate the finnished product. i like craig, but sometimes i wish he wasn't so damned clever. wink.gif

k
boxstr
Everyone that orders a dashpad or targapad orders from CAMP 914, except Kevin, he orders from aa. Pricing will be worked out in the next week. I also will have a core charge attached to each pad.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (boxstr @ Apr 28 2005, 11:27 PM)
Everyone that orders a dashpad or targapad orders from CAMP 914, except Kevin, he orders from aa. Pricing will be worked out in the next week. I also will have a core charge attached to each pad.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914

uhh... my core feels like it will break into 4 pieces when I detach it from the car... ok? smile.gif
rhodyguy
sounds GREAT!!! i'll log off and prepare to be on hold for the next 30 minutes. i hope they are in stock and ready to ship!! biggrin.gif

k
9xauto
It is not something unusual to restore these parts. We send out items like these for 944 several times a year for restoration. The company is located in Australia with distributor in California. When they done, you can not tell if it was re-done. I hope your pricing is more reasonable. However, there is another solution for Do-It -Yourself (er). There is a product on the market called PLASTIDIP. The cost is $6.75 per bottle. You need 3 of them. 5 coats of it with sanding in between and painting, you will be pleasantly suprized of the result.

9xatuto
Part Pricer

Why the hell would you want to coat your dashboard in rubber? (PLASTIDIP is a rubber coating).

However, I did find other uses for PLASTIDIP.

boxstr
PLASTIDIP, thats the ticket. I guess CAMP 914 will be exploring a new way to recover your dashpads and targa bar pads.
Thank you 9x and Paul.
CCLINPLASTIDIPMAN
914werke
icon_bump.gif

I need both sad.gif
tronporsche
So how much is the rear targa ?
jd74914
And the dash for that matter? smile.gif
Lavanaut
QUOTE(tronporsche @ Sep 8 2008, 02:56 AM) *

So how much is the rear targa ?

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 8 2008, 05:21 AM) *

And the dash for that matter? smile.gif

Take a look at the bottom of this page. bye1.gif
JazonJJordan
Currently- $525 for a new looking dash + your core or $100 more,
Currently- $375 for a new looking targa bar + your core or $50 more.

These are really nice though, check out the site periodically~
underthetire
Holy ....I have a perfect targa pad sitting on my parts tank. The one in my car has a few cracks but so does the rest of the car so I don't care. How much is this thing worth? I got it in a parts deal cause I needed a few other items.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 22 2009, 11:00 AM) *

Holy ....I have a perfect targa pad sitting on my parts tank. The one in my car has a few cracks but so does the rest of the car so I don't care. How much is this thing worth? I got it in a parts deal cause I needed a few other items.

I think I paid 200 for one with very minor cracking near one of the latch cutouts... invisible when installed, really... but you can tell it's not a "new" pad.

375 for a new pad that looks like a brand new stock-looking one is a reasonable price, imo. an upholstery shop would charge a good amount, and it wouldn't be a stock reproduction.
underthetire
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 22 2009, 09:49 AM) *

I think I paid 200 for one with very minor cracking near one of the latch cutouts... invisible when installed, really... but you can tell it's not a "new" pad.

375 for a new pad that looks like a brand new stock-looking one is a reasonable price, imo. an upholstery shop would charge a good amount, and it wouldn't be a stock reproduction.

Wow. Had no idea. Think i'll put it up for sale/trade tonight. Other things I need way more!
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 22 2009, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 22 2009, 09:49 AM) *

Wow. Had no idea. Think i'll put it up for sale/trade tonight. Other things I need way more!

blink.gif (hummm....Did you say perfect?......(smack-slober-drool...)) drooley.gif ROFL!-
"Step-right up! Origi-nal, Jen-u-wine Prissy-steen targo bar..."
NS914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 21 2005, 11:02 AM) *

Finally, CAMP 914 is introducing the recovered Dashpad and Rear Targa pad at this years WCC 2005. After more than a year of testing and working to get just the right materials, CAMP 914 will be bringing for display only to WCC 2005 these two tiems, which have been asked for by many 914 owners in the past.
Prices at this time are not set. It is very labor intensive and the final product shows this.
I will be asking for feedback while at WCC so please look for me and give me your opiiions, ideas and feedback.
CCLINWCC2005HEREWECOME

Hi Craig,

I want to get your front and rear shocks for my '74 914, stock hoods. I live in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, Canada. My postal Code is B2Y 3P7

Can you confirm shipping and all in price for me. I will pay with my VISA and thanks for such great products.

Regards,

Grant Lingley
902 461-2673
rhodyguy
grant, it might work better for you if you contact craig directly through the camp website. www.camp914.com.
Gloy62
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 21 2005, 07:02 AM) *

CCLINWCC2005HEREWECOME

Do you still have the dash pads?
Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.