After a 72 to 74 or perhaps later. Thinking of spending around the $7000 mark.

I'm in Australia and would like to import one of these machines to use as a weekend driver. The process will involve no extra work for the seller as I will use an agent to inspect, provide a secure handover of funds and collect the vehicle. The car needs to come from the west coast states.

I don't mind doing the work to make it into a good looking reliable driver. I need a reasonable starting point with a machine that is pretty original and without missing bits and definitely doesn't have rust surprises in hidden areas beyond light surface stuff that can be relatively easily dealt with. So that is why hell hole, longitudinal, floor pan and trunk etc issues are definitely not for me being so far away from easy access to suppliers. The windshield and other glass would also need to be in good condition as I wouldn't want to have to get that sort of bulky, fragile product out from the USA at a later date. Things like upholstery, paint and mechanical bits are not really such an issue though. Before purchasing a car I will have it inspected to be certain that it matches the description and my expectations.
 914's were never exported to Australia from the factory.