Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone got photos of a 3.0 liter CIS conversion?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Henshe
About to start a project fitting a 1982 3.0 liter engine into the 914. It's been tough to find photos of a project that used the stock CIS ....most convert to carbs. Can anyone help with a photo of the fitment. Mainly concerned about the engine cover and engine cover latch area. Thanks
SirAndy
Jeff has done a 3.0 with CIS, send him a PM ...
Jeffs9146

I know he fabricated a custom air intake snorkel to clear the engine lid but other than that it was a direct bolt-in.
shades.gif

IPB Image
Jeffs9146
beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif

Let me know if you are interested in how I did the injection. I was able to avoid cutting other than for the oil tank and welding in the motor mount.
mb911
I wish I would have done that on my last conversion if I knew all you have to do is rotate the injection 180 degrees and do a quick mod to the boot..

Very cool.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 1 2016, 12:30 PM) *

I wish I would have done that on my last conversion if I knew all you have to do is rotate the injection 180 degrees and do a quick mod to the boot..

Very cool.

That's about all it is!

The details are a bit more involved.

I had to bend the metal lines
Eliminate the decel valve and other smog stuff
Make a bracket to mount the injection fuel distributor (early Volvo242 intake mount)
Cut off the air box from the intake AF box
Weld up the intake elbow with Vacuum port (next one will be aluminum)
Adapt fuel lines to match 3.0L Fuel Filter and Fuel Accumulator
Cut two boots, both cut to maximize the sealing surface on the elbow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.