Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decent eBay car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
Thought this was a good looking car...I'm going to try to go see it tomorrow when I land.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4544731465

How high do we think it'll go? The engine is a little scarry for me, but the suspension and electros look sweet. Think he'll take $3,500??? We'll see! biggrin.gif
tdgray
Persitence pays Doug biggrin.gif

$3500...... maybe for the chassis, but sure is hard to AX without an engine. huh.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, but if I get out there and he SEES the cash...Maybe he'll cave.

Who knows...I've surrendered myself to the fact that I'll be driving a rental SUV for the weekend. driving.gif
i love porsche
hhmm..i wouldnt trust this car

would you want a big angry pig as the powerplant of your 914?

The engine is a 2.5 liter big boar
tdgray
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 21 2005, 11:55 AM)
Yeah, but if I get out there and he SEES the cash...Maybe he'll cave.

Who knows...I've surrendered myself to the fact that I'll be driving a rental SUV for the weekend. driving.gif

Don't give up yet.

I was going to suggest a quick trip to Oregon (CAMP914) but I guess Craig is all out of low $ teeners according to his web site.

Keep lookin you got a few hours until you have to go to the Airport. I'll hunt for ya tonight.

CptTripps
Believe me...I'm looking too!

I talked to Craig...nothing.

I'll have cash with me for the trip. I'm SURE there is something...but if not, no biggie. Was just a cool idea.
TravisNeff
The wheels aren't 7 & 8's they are 6 and 7's. There was rust before, that's why that battery is in the trunk. If it was taken care of properly that should be alright. That passenger fender looks like it was pryed out in anger - be on the lookout for other stuff done in the same manner. Color change car from light blue and that paint looks scary. missing valences and driver side mirror. Interior looks nice

For $3500, what are you getting? solid car that needs body and paint. That doubles the price pretty quickly. The 5 lug conversion is nice but to do that on your own it would be about $1k. I think the 5 lug conversion is the only nice thing about the car that would set it above something else. If the engine is a grenade, well it has potential to be short lived with those 103's.

I got my camp car for that price and needs only a few things (rear trunk panel replacement and a doodad here and there) with good paint and body. All the parts were there. Shipping was $650
Dead Air
Todd says "patience" I think he means it. You've got no pics of the engine, battery, floor, Remember??, bad floors???!!! What is the seller hiding?
Why a carbed engine?
Why did he rebuild the engine and then decide to sell it???? Why an overbore??
High temp gauge??
Bad Leaker?
No mention in the text about being a California car, unless i missed it.
Todd says patience,
Plus you neeed a car you can drive home!!
Towing that pig would be about, what $700-$900?
And there you are in CA with no tools!!
Driving over the mountains...
Todd says 'Patience"
Dave says patience...
Ordella was a solid car for $1300
Dead Air
Dude ,
I'm a newby, well a member now...
I spent 16 months looking
I looked at 60 cars on line
Did you try Auto trader.com?
How many cars at the WCC will be for sale?
20?
10?
That you can look, touch, smell, crawl bneneath, poke about, DRIVE?
I'm just sayin'....Ja-meeng bro'?
Dave unsure.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, like I said...I'm not too worried about it. If I find something, I find something...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.