Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California engine builders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
green914
JCS Volks Machine offers a stock 2.0 long block for $1999.00 plus core. smile.gif That sounds like a reasonable price idea.gif ; has any of you had any experience with JCS Volks Machine?
Mark Henry

Too low of a price, tells me right away they are cutting big corners.
pbanders
Google review:

"Russell Cofer
2 months ago-
Engine was incorrect, was sent an Autostick motor instead of the engine we requested. The oil pump could not be used and because the cam was a flat gear I had difficulty in finding the correct pump.After contacting them, they graciously offered to sell me the correct pump (sarcasm) that should have came with the motor in the first place. At this point instead of arguing I just bought it. While trying to install it, found the studs had been broken, drilled out and replaced shoddily. After getting the new pump on with much difficultly and getting the engine running it blew oil out from between the front crank pulley and case. I used their "rebuilt" motor as a core to obtain another motor from another rebuilder. He almost didn't want to give me core value since the case was a '66. LESSON LEARNED. 1 star was only given because I could not post without it."
Localboy808
QUOTE(pbanders @ Nov 1 2016, 07:55 PM) *

Looks like the OP needs to run! I think I'd attempt my own rebuild before trying a place with a reputation like that.
green914

JCS has some really negative reviews wacko.gif icon8.gif Brad thanks for sharing the link to pissedconsumer.com.

Jerry
HAM Inc
Before I quit working with used T4 heads I refused to accept heads with the JCS or GEX stamp in the them.

The horror. The horror.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(green914 @ Nov 1 2016, 05:38 PM) *

JCS Volks Machine offers a stock 2.0 long block for $1999.00 plus core. smile.gif That sounds like a reasonable price idea.gif ; has any of you had any experience with JCS Volks Machine?

If you're not willing to spend $5k or more on a motor, you need to get out of the hobby. Or... Learn to do everything yourself.
Larmo63
agree.gif
krazykonrad
The PO put in a new (rebuilt) JCS 2.0 in mine right before I bought it. it has a Porsche case with bus heads. Overall, not that impressed.

Konrad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.