Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB transmission shaft jig for 901
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Boomingbeetle
I need to tear into my side-shifter soon, Does anyone have a 901-shaft jig for sale in SoCal?
bdstone914
They are only about $20 new from Pelican. I have one in Riverside if you want to borror it.
Boomingbeetle
I may have to take you up on that. The only one I se on Pelican is $77.95

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/TOL-...SVSVSI=5869.htm

I've never met a tool I didn't want to own though, it'd be nice if there was a decent priced one available used. I'd gladly pay the $20!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Boomingbeetle @ Nov 2 2016, 08:14 AM) *

I may have to take you up on that. The only one I se on Pelican is $77.95

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/TOL-...SVSVSI=5869.htm

I've never met a tool I didn't want to own though, it'd be nice if there was a decent priced one available used. I'd gladly pay the $20!

We used to have a plastic one. That is what I have. Looks like the plastic one is NLA
76-914
Someone here used an old cut app case to do theirs. Looked impressive. That alignment tool is helpful but you still need to check closely as your stack can be out of square. I think the cut up case eliminates the slop factor. beerchug.gif
Dominic
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 2 2016, 06:01 PM) *

Someone here used an old cut app case to do theirs. Looked impressive. That alignment tool is helpful but you still need to check closely as your stack can be out of square. I think the cut up case eliminates the slop factor. beerchug.gif

Here is a picture of the one I have, pretty easy to make with an old case and a hack saw. For me it's the only way to accurately adjust the forks.
mlindner
Dominic, that is very slick. I have not done mine yet, will start next week, doing the 3-5 flip and new synros. Can the position of the forks just be marked on the shafts some how before removal. Thanks, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.