Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Add some bling and drive faster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
Saw this on Evil Bay. Had one on my last 914 and was lucky enough to buy one a couple weeks ago at the Ron Meier 914 Swap Meet. Half the price of course and I like the look.

These are getting harder to find and I garentee you will drive faster cause it feels so good when shifting gears. I would have bought this one even at 80 bucks as you just dont see these around anymore.

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Ha, i remember going to swap meets and auto shows in the 70s and 80s and guys were selling tons of these knobs at $5 each. Always displayed in egg cartons....good ole days....
Chris914n6
I have one of those. Guess I need to put it in the AutoX car biggrin.gif

I also have a near new wood one. What's that worth?
Tom_T
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 3 2016, 11:02 AM) *

Ha, i remember going to swap meets and auto shows in the 70s and 80s and guys were selling tons of these knobs at $5 each. Always displayed in egg cartons....good ole days....

5 bucks was all that AMCO charged for them by mail, at dealers & parts stores back in the day. .... well some dealers like Gyp Iverson in Newport Beach CA marked them up to $7.50 for extra profit! dry.gif

The hard thing today is finding an excellent used one or NOS without the cloisonne (the baked enamel paint) at the crest being all chipped.

AMCO had a deal with all of the manufacturers to make them, so they also sold them with MG, Triumph, Jaguar,, etc. crests - & all for $5 - a great deal back then!

I've had one on my 914 since I got it, but need to get a better one for my resto, cuz the leather has a shifting-wear hole & the cloisonne has chips. sad.gif

So I agree that they both make your 914 look better & go faster - at least a 3-5 HP gain with it! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Coondog
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 4 2016, 04:57 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 3 2016, 11:02 AM) *

5 bucks was all that AMCO charged for them by mail, at dealers & parts stores back in the day. .... well some dealers like Gyp Iverson in Newport Beach CA marked them up to $7.50 for extra profit! dry.gif

The hard thing today is finding an excellent used one or NOS without the cloisonne (the baked enamel paint) at the crest being all chipped.

AMCO had a deal with all of the manufacturers to make them, so they also sold them with MG, Triumph, Jaguar,, etc. crests - & all for $5 - a great deal back then!

I've had one on my 914 since I got it, but need to get a better one for my resto, cuz the leather has a shifting-wear hole & the cloisonne has chips. sad.gif

So I agree that they both make your 914 look better & go faster - at least a 3-5 HP gain with it! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

At 5 bucks I wish I would have bought a case of them............ Price was just dropped to 60 dollars so I bought it. Don't need a extra one but it will be a good trade piece in the future. Or I can hang on to it until I am 100 and sale it for 120 dollars... blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
Just make your own and drive a little slower. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.