Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition Switch Pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DaveO90s4
Hi all,

My ignition switch was playing up so I replaced it.

The old (original) one has the four big pins plus the two small pins (like the photo attached)

The one I got has all the same four big pins, but does not have the two small pins

But everything seems to work properly with the new switch (minus the two small pins), horn, indicators, lights, radio, brake lights, the lot all seem to work ok. Car starts too - which is a bonus evilgrin.gif

Can anyone please tell me what the two small pins are for and what I can expect to not work with a switch that does not have them?

Thanks all in advance,

DaveClick to view attachment
jim_hoyland
IIRC one small pin connects to the buzzer circuit; when the key is left in the ignitions, its carrying 12v

The second one allows powers the Right or Left parking lights. When key if off and the turn signal switch is in the R or L position, the lights come on

You can verify this with a multimeter on the bench; test continuity between the small pins and 30
DaveO90s4
Thanks Jim, that's very helpful. I'm happy to not ave any buzzer system and happy to not have the sidelights on with indicator on with ignition off battery draining feature. But I now find my blue high beam light does not illuminate. Maybe that is due to one of the two small pins missing. Or possibly some completely new and baffling problem. CheersDave
jim_hoyland
High bean light is not related, could be the bulb or a loose bulb connection. Test with the MM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.