Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Subaru clutch issue, engages at floor.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mbseto
Hey all, This is regarding a Subaru Outback, sorry for the diversion but would like to get some opinions.

Clutch pedal feels really light and it engages/disengages right on the floor. I have to mash it against the firewall to get the car in first. Had the wife push the clutch on while I watched under the hood- when the pedal starts moving, the actuator starts moving, and seems to move through a full range of motion. (It's a hydraulic actuator, btw.) Then the pedal springs back OK. The pedal and return spring look alright.

So the car has about 107k miles on it and I taught the kid to drive on it, so it makes sense that the clutch is worn, but it does not seems like the symptoms of a worn clutch. I'm a little puzzled.

Last twist to the story, took the car to the dealer a couple months ago for a recall item, asked them to change the timing belt while they were there, and they wanted to do the head gasket too, and later learned they had the head skimmed. So I'm wondering if they might have goofed something up.

Any input appreciated, thanks guys...
mgp4591
Have you looked in the clutch fluid reservoir to see if any has leaked? I've got some other ideas but before you consider them, I'd advise going back to the dealer and consult with them. Even if the pressure plate fingers are bending or there's a throwout bearing issue, if they find it they're likely to give you a discount since you did business with them recently. If they're good people, they'll probably take good care of you. Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.