Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914rubber door panel install question-next question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brownaar
Got my awesome fully upholstered door panels from 914rubber and I'm trying to figure out about mounting the spring for the flap on the driver's door pocket. The original has the metal reinforced hole. What have other people done? Made a small enough hole to just get the spring in? Made a bigger hole (probably 1/2-inch) like original? Does it need to be reinforced in any way or is the fiberglass probably strong enough to hold it?
Thanks,
Aaron
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
popcorn[1].gif

I bought a rivet gun and riveted the brace in. Of course I had to remove the old first, which made my old cards unusable.
Rob-O
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Nov 4 2016, 06:39 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

I bought a rivet gun and riveted the brace in. Of course I had to remove the old first, which made my old cards unusable.

This is what I did too. Once off the old door, just line the holes up. Rivet goes in from the back of the door panel and mushrooms the portion that is behind the vinyl. You'll understand once you get the old part off and put it up to the new panel. Then when you look at your rivets and rivet gun it'll make sense...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.