Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting research on a new windshield wiper motor...need a stong one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
Looking for links to a good one. Mine is on its last leg. Buzzing and failing. Any links, or advice. Need one that fits in stock with no mods and has some good power.

Thanks all
914_teener
Post a wtb add in the parts forum.

I did mine last year thinking it was the motor. Turned out to be the wiring.

Warning:

If you haven.t done any rehab work under the front cowel now will be the time to do it because once you go there you won.t want ro do it again.
bdstone914
QUOTE(carcus @ Nov 4 2016, 09:28 PM) *

Looking for links to a good one. Mine is on its last leg. Buzzing and failing. Any links, or advice. Need one that fits in stock with no mods and has some good power.

Thanks all

I have plenty of them. Will sell a complete assembly for $25 plus shipping. From California cars where it rarely rains.
Bruce
ClayPerrine
For a non stock solution, use a 964 wiper motor. It is stronger than the stock 914, it is a bolt on fit, and it is a 3 speed motor.

porschetub
Some good solutions here,that 964 motor Clay mentioned makes me think,mine works ,the switch and wiring is ok,have lubed the shafts and they don't appear worn out,however the wipers are rather slow is this normal ?
I'am thinking the motor is dirty inside and the gearbox drive is caked up with 40 + yr old grease,is this normally the problem?.
mepstein
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 5 2016, 08:46 AM) *

For a non stock solution, use a 964 wiper motor. It is stronger than the stock 914, it is a bolt on fit, and it is a 3 speed motor.

Cool tip. Thanks.
Hers another tip for everyone. Reach inside and lube all the pivots with a high quality teflon lube. Like what they sell at a bike shop for chain lube. You don't need much but it will help.
914Sixer
Probably nothing wrong with the motor. It will be the shafts gummed up with old white grease from the 70's
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 5 2016, 02:46 PM) *

Some good solutions here,that 964 motor Clay mentioned makes me think,mine works ,the switch and wiring is ok,have lubed the shafts and they don't appear worn out,however the wipers are rather slow is this normal ?
I'am thinking the motor is dirty inside and the gearbox drive is caked up with 40 + yr old grease,is this normally the problem?.

Wiper is slow is often ground problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.