Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: News from Brad ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
guys, *please* stop calling ! rolleyes.gif

the phone is rinning off the hook and he can't accept calls in jail ...

J/K ! all is well, all things considered. we are going to trial, trial date has not yet been set. if you want all the dirty details, come to the WCC and ask him yourself!

gotta go and have some beer now ... see ya'all tomorrow!
beerchug.gif Andy
davep
I'd love to be there to ask him in person, however I'm due to whelp puppies this weekend, and can't make it there.

BTW, I hope you mean it is going to trial, and he is not hitting the trail instead. We like to see him around for a while yet.
Bleyseng
Yeah, well some of us can't effin attend this year's WCC.
SirAndy
QUOTE (davep @ Apr 21 2005, 06:26 PM)
BTW, I hope you mean it is going to trial, and he is not hitting the trail instead. We like to see him around for a while yet.

yeah, getting up at 5am and be on the road all day for 2 days straight has messed with my ability to type mediocre english ...

trial i meant ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
Andyrew
Very glad he will be at the wcc.

C ya tomorrow B.

Andrew
SirAndy
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Apr 21 2005, 09:52 PM)
C ya tomorrow B.

just slammed a 12-pack and i'm heading for my bed right now, see ya'all tomorrow!

beerchug.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
right behind ya beerchug.gif cool_shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 21 2005, 10:27 PM)
right behind ya

eewh, that just didn't sound right .... icon8.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
sj914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Apr 21 2005, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 21 2005, 10:27 PM)
right behind ya

eewh, that just didn't sound right .... icon8.gif

biggrin.gif Andy

what happens in the wcc, stays in the wcc. grouphug.gif
Andyrew
Yippie!!! idea.gif
Aaron Cox
blink.gif
Part Pricer

Looks like the next date is May 4th. Does anyone know what an "ARRAIGNMENT ON INFORMATION" is?

CODE
Minutes

JAMES C MCGUIRE
CLERK D HAGEDORN
REPORTER G RAGLE
DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY L OZOLS PRESENT.
ATTORNEY R CROUTER PRESENT.
DEFENDANT PRESENT.
-
PROCEEDINGS
DEFENSE COUNSEL WAIVES FORMAL ARRAIGNMENT ON AMENDED COMPLAINT.
DEFENDANT PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO ALL COUNTS.
DEFENDANT DENIES SPECIAL ALLEGATIONS.
ACTION CAME ON FOR PRELIMINARY HEARING.
MOTION TO EXCLUDE WITNESSES, GRANTED. PEOPLE DESIGNATE JEFF SIMONTON AS INVESTIGATING OFFICER AND IS EXEMPT FROM THE EXCLUSION.
PEOPLE'S WITNESS JEFF SIMONTON AT 1:32 IS SWORN AND TESTIFIES.
DEFENSE EXHIBIT(S) 1-6 COLOR PHOTOS PRINTED ON ONE PAGE MARKED FOR IDENTIFICATION
DEFENSE EXHIBIT(S) 2-6 COLOR PHOTOS PRINTED ON ONE PAGE MARKED FOR IDENTIFICATION
PEOPLE REST.
WITNESS JEFF SIMONTON AT 2:19 IS EXCUSED.
-
DEFENSE REST.
DEFENSE ORAL MOTION TO ADMIT EXHIBITS IS DENIED.
MOTION BY PEOPLE TO HOLD THE DEFENDANT TO ANSWER IN THE SUPERIOR COURT.
ISSUES SUBMITTED.
RECESS DECLARED AT 2:26.
-
COURT RECONVENES AT 2:45
ISSUES SUBMITTED.
ON MOTION OF DA, COURT ORDERS DEFENDANT HELD TO ANSWER IN SUPERIOR COURT TO ALL COUNTS/ALLEGATIONS AND/OR PRIORS.
-
HEARINGS
ARRAIGNMENT ON INFORMATION SET FOR 05/04/2005 AT 8:32 IN DEPARTMENT M2.
DEFENDANT ORDERED TO APPEAR ON HEARING DATE.
-
CUSTODY STATUS
CASE CUSTODY - BAIL BOND
CURRENT BAIL BOND CONTINUED.
dinomium
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I dont want to see them, mind you!
Pam
Arraignment on Information

Defendant is brought to court or appears if out of custody
Defendant is represented by a retained attorney or an attorney is appointed if indigent
Defendant is advised of his/her constitutional rights
Bail is set or,
Defendant is released on his/her "own recognizance"
Pre-trial and trial dates are set

from http://www.sbcounty.gov/courts/?hp=http://...genCrimInfo.asp
aircooledboy
When a person is arrested for a felony, they are usually informed of the charges they face in a "complaint". Before the case can proceed any further, the felony charge must be formalized by a finding of "probable cause" either by a judge or a grand jury. An Information is an alternative to an Indictment. An Information is the way a felony is formally charged after either a "prelim" (which is short for "preliminary hearing to determine probable cause")in front of a judge, or the parties can just agree to the existance of probable cause. An Indictment is the way a felony is formally charged after a grand jury hears the same testimony.

Probable cause is a very low threshold, and it simply requires a showing that if the police can prove everything that they say they can prove, a reasonable person could conclude that the defendant did what he is accused of. Obviously much less than beyond a reasonable doubt. I often tell my clients not to get too worried if an indictment or information is returned, since the state can get a finding of probable cause against a houseplant for identity theft, if that is what they want to do.

"Arraignment on Information" means the judge reads the charges and possible penalties to the defendant, and the defendant then pleads either guilty or not guilty.
SirAndy
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Apr 22 2005, 08:29 AM)
"Arraignment on Information" means the judge reads the charges and possible penalties to the defendant, and the defendant then pleads either guilty or not guilty.

agree.gif that's exactly what it is, takes about 30 seconds ...
at that time, we'll also know the date for the trial ...

cool.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.