Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Oil Pressure Light issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey gang, can someone please describe how the green oil pressure light is supposed to work? I think mine used to come on with the key in on position prior to starting but now doesn't do that every time. Then once started it will come on briefly for just a blink. Is something getting funky here? I heard that when the pressure switch fail the light will remain on. Will taking oil cap off while running be a good test to see if light comes on? I appreciate your help....thank you!
PancakePorsche
Unplug the wire on pressure switch and with key in on position, ground the disconnected wire. Light should illuminate. If it does, sender is defective.
McMark
Yup, what Pancake said.

The pressure switch for the light is just a simple switch. When there is no pressure the sender is grounded and the light has a complete circuit and the light illuminates. When pressure increases it pushes against and lifts a spring loaded plate. That breaks the circuit and the light goes out.

If it's erratic in it's function (like you're describing) it's either the switch or the wiring. They do fail and new switches are cheap, so I would throw a new one in to troubleshoot. If the problem persists then you've got a wiring issue.
second wind
Thanks you guys.....I cleaned up wiring and light works great like before. Now on to the temp gauge wiring which has a bunch of broken insulation under the car. Thank you again and nice day to go for a drive.
second wind
so now have loose wire in engine compartment that leads to oil temp sensor....where is it supposed to connect??
Temp gauge dead.....this wire goes somewhere.....where?? Thanks,
gg
iankarr
The connector to the console harness is in the area directly under the battery in one of those rectangular plastic protective boxes...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.