Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '70 911T - Recent Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Last week I went and picked up a 1970 911T non-sunroof coupe, euro version (with Webers), sport seats, 6 x15" Fuchs, one owner original paint.

It hasn't run in about seven years, and although the engine turns by hand, it seems to turn pretty easily so I'm guessing it's got low compression.

The paint, while oxidized, looks like it will buff out pretty nicely. I hand compounded part of the left rear quarter, and it shined up pretty good!

Interior is complete, but pretty moldy. Driver's side window was broken, and I think that's how the interior got so rough. Does have the early style sport seats though, which are very desireable.

Fuchs in photo aren't the ones that came on the car, the tires were all flat so I took the ones in the pic with me to pick up the car. They are sixes, but not the deep sixes.

Now all I gotta do is pop that 2.2S engine and trans into it and rock!
IronHillRestorations
trunk
IronHillRestorations
right side
Eric_Shea
AWESOME... welcome to the world of early 911's. Mine's a 71T. I should say "started life as".

Great score smilie_pokal.gif
IronHillRestorations
engine
IronHillRestorations
Here's the pan. There's no rust perforation anywhere in the pan. The small rusty spots you see here and there are where the undercoating was cracked or rubbed off and surface rusted a little. Very solid pan and longitudinals!!!
IronHillRestorations
This is where I polished out the paint a little bit.
MattR
QUOTE (9146986 @ Apr 21 2005, 07:20 PM)
...Very solid pan and longitudinals!!!

im jealous dry.gif

That car is shockingly similar to Thomas' (one914racer) tangerine 69 T. Original paint and all. Nice find! It looks great!

What are your plans?
ArtechnikA
> low compression...

t'was only 8,6: out of the box...

but it has a front antiroll bar, which like most E's mine doesn't... ('71...)

IMO, the LWB-LH cars were the peak of the 911 as sports car.

congratulations!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.