Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical issues with wipers...buzz sound and when on, car will not start.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
I would pull the fuse but those are for the lights also. Car starts fine till I turn the wipers on. I think it is a short. Now the wipers work on all speeds and are not slow, but it will take 5 or 6 times to turn the ignition on to start the car after I turn the wipers off. Battery is new and full charge. Any suggestions? Granted, this is not an all weather car but I do not want a short like my Son had on his E30 BMW....that melted the entire wiring harness. I still have one turn signal on the gauge that only points right turn signal regardless of what signal I have on also. Happy to have all lights and turn signals working but afraid if I mess with something, another will fail.
carcus
Buzz click sound only when wipers go on and then it makes a cracking sound and the wipers go crazy. I think it might be a ground or short issue. Car starts fine till I hit the wiper switch.. All new ignition, battery, holding good charge. New plugs and wires also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.