Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor Pan Sections?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jtprettyman
Hello all. I'm working on a 74 1.8 rustoration, and am about to go head long into metalwork. sawzall-smiley.gif I'm dealing with the usual hell hole rust and already have new passenger inner long, clamshell and engine compartment inner long. My question is related to the replacement floor pan sections available - is there any particular benefit to going with the front/rear or left/right sections? My floors are rusted at the firewall, pedalbox, passenger front, along with some Dukes of Hazzard damage to the passenger mid section. Sorry if this has been covered before but I could not find. Just trying to see if one approach has any benefits or downfalls over the other. Thanks in advance.
tygaboy
There's less welding distance if you go with the front/rear pieces.
Mark Henry
The Restoration Design pans (front/rear) are cheaper than the Pelican pans (left/right).
Can't speak about the quality of the bird L/R pans, but the RD pans are nice pieces, crisp edges, quality heavy steel, pressed from new dies that were scanned from OE factory panels.
mb911
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 8 2016, 04:12 AM) *

The Restoration Design pans (front/rear) are cheaper than the Pelican pans (left/right).
Can't speak about the quality of the bird L/R pans, but the RD pans are nice pieces, crisp edges, quality heavy steel, pressed from new dies that were scanned from OE factory panels.

I would agree..

Op I think that the front pans from both don't come with a good pedal box area.
dlee6204
You can buy floorpans from other venders that also includes the seat supports already welded on for cheaper.

Stoddard for example, you can buy the left and right pieces, with the seat supports already welded on, for 400 total.

Click to view attachment

Restoration design, you can buy the front and rear pans, and seat supports for $518.

Click to view attachment

I've also installed both front/rear pans as well as L/R side pans and I would say the only advantage to using front/rear pans is that you can get a cleaner seam since most of the weld area is flat.
peteyd
Actually,

if you purchase our kit H $260

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/KIT-H

plus the front floorpan $205 which carrys a 15% discount until dec 31/16

=$403.25

this way you can locate the seat mounts properly after without worrying about that while your installing the rear floorpan.

Pete
colingreene
I have a restoration design floor part that Is wrong for my car.
its brand new but i cant use it. Ill happily sell it to you.
Then maybe ill get the right one this time.
peteyd
QUOTE(colingreene @ Nov 8 2016, 07:29 PM) *

What is wrong?

Pete
jtprettyman
Thanks everyone for the replies and information, looks like I know the direction I'm going.
mb911
QUOTE(colingreene @ Nov 8 2016, 07:29 PM) *

What do you have? I could use a front or part of one..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.