Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SMC sunvisors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Received email from SMC listing blow out specials,they had sunvisor sets marked down to $88 from and a further discounted price of $159,because I'am tightass I bought a set and yes I knew they were white but fiqure the sun will have less effect on them in the long term.
Anyone bought these would be interested to know what the quality is like.
eric9144
Yes I have a set--my OE ones were whooped. They're very nice, good fit and finish, look very correct overall. beerchug.gif

We had a 'vendor' dry.gif on this site selling them for a ridiculous price at one point before SMC started offering them, so compared to that, seemed like a real bargain.
porschetub
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Nov 10 2016, 08:31 AM) *

Yes I have a set--my OE ones were whooped. They're very nice, good fit and finish, look very correct overall. beerchug.gif

We had a 'vendor' dry.gif on this site selling them for a ridiculous price at one point before SMC started offering them, so compared to that, seemed like a real bargain.

I was thinking the same......they arrived and presented well,then I looked, no holes cut for the pivots and no mirror on the RH side one as advertised on their site.
Click to view attachment
Sent them an email asking about this and got no reply,hardly surprised as my dealing with them in the past have been less than average.
Service from them at the start of the purchase was ok but they then took around 10 days to ship,I won't be concerned with this again as this will be my last purchase from,lesson learnt.
bandjoey
It's light weight so you can hand hold it. Or use as a fly swatter
sad.gif Even if you punched the holes the pinch bolts are not there.

They do look nice.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Nov 9 2016, 12:31 PM) *

I miss her... happy11.gif
raynekat
Think you'll find these don't pivot WAS (worth a sh...).
But maybe you'll be lucky.
That is what I have found with most of these aftermarket sun visors.
They might look "OK", but just don't operate like the factory versions.
Let us know...

QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 26 2016, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Nov 10 2016, 08:31 AM) *

I was thinking the same......they arrived and presented well,then I looked, no holes cut for the pivots and no mirror on the RH side one as advertised on their site.
Click to view attachment
Sent them an email asking about this and got no reply,hardly surprised as my dealing with them in the past have been less than average.
Service from them at the start of the purchase was ok but they then took around 10 days to ship,I won't be concerned with this again as this will be my last purchase from,lesson learnt.
porschetub
[quote name='raynekat' date='Nov 27 2016, 06:19 PM' post='2427731']
Think you'll find these don't pivot WAS (worth a sh...).
But maybe you'll be lucky.
That is what I have found with most of these aftermarket sun visors.
They might look "OK", but just don't operate like the factory versions.
Let us know...

Well I did manage to get them to fit as no sense in sending them back half way round the world,disappointing when a vendor misrepresents an item,however that may explain why they were selling them off cheap mad.gif .
Also noticed one corner not completely heat bonded so fixed that with a dab of superglue,the pivot screws are a little short also so I will change them for the ones from my old visors if they are longer.
I have decided the spray them black as the colour described as ''ivory" is more like cream ,they do pivot well but the right side one catches on the top windscreen trim.
In summary I have to admit they are ok if you don't mind some DIY,these were originally listed @ $199 a pair I certainly wouldn't have payed that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.