Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in Cypress Gemini Blue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
This morning around 9am, I followed this 914 and ended up parking at the Autoshop next to Arco gas station a qtr mile from my place. Well it was the mechanic of the shop who drove it (maybe for a test drive).

Is the owner a member here? Didn't get the Vin number since the mechanic seems not friendly to talk with, so I just walk away.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Of course he wasn't friendly, you caught him driving a customers 914 to work.... blink.gif
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 9 2016, 06:41 PM) *

Of course he wasn't friendly, you caught him driving a customers 914 to work.... blink.gif

"Driving " the customer's car to work. Please don't make any assumptions. I was remined once that if you seperate the word into two parts....you will know that it might apply to you.

Maybe, he's taking it out for a " test " drive .
And securing the vin without the owners consent...well, you know my thoughts on that.

Flame suit on...I'm ready.
Boomingbeetle
When I was turning wrenches at the neighborhood auto shop, we frequently needed to drive customers cars, or go get parts with them, or bring them home (if we had a secure place to park them, which was better than at the lot...) The issue is when someone complains that the car "runs funny" or "acts up" or "makes a noise at 37mph when the engine has been started 4 times during 80% humidity below 54-degress F"... A lot of the time driving a car is needed to diagnose the issues, my $.02
Steve
Is that a 4x4 914? It looks like it's sitting kind of high
iwanta914-6
Polished phone dials?
76-914
QUOTE(Boomingbeetle @ Nov 10 2016, 11:33 AM) *

When I was turning wrenches at the neighborhood auto shop, we frequently needed to drive customers cars, or go get parts with them, or bring them home (if we had a secure place to park them, which was better than at the lot...) The issue is when someone complains that the car "runs funny" or "acts up" or "makes a noise at 37mph when the engine has been started 4 times during 80% humidity below 54-degress F"... A lot of the time driving a car is needed to diagnose the issues, my $.02

How true. I had a mech years back in Austin that had a customer with a car that kept getting towed in as it died on the same street every time but not every time she drove on that street. He finally kept the car for a couple of weeks and drove it to/from work every day along that street. Finally happened to him only to discover it was some EMF at the airport that would disable the ladies ECU occasionally. confused24.gif Not sure how he discovered that but according to him she quit using that route and it never happened again. confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 10 2016, 12:03 PM) *
Finally happened to him only to discover it was some EMF at the airport that would disable the ladies ECU occasionally. confused24.gif

There's a big construction site in downtown SF and the engine in my Jetta starts to stutter every time i drive by the same spot there.
wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.