Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein WOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
I cant beleive the difference. Its like a new car. I cant believe I drove 3 AXs with those old leaky Boges. Had to re-adjust teh ride height down. Cant wait to flog it at Willow (w/ma Yokos)
dlo914
coincidentally...i just got my bilsteins a few days ago and installed them that same day...unfortunately the 914 is once again in non-op time again... mad.gif
MarkG
Cool!

I will be re-installing my newly blasted/painted/upgraded front suspension including Bilsteins tommorow and hope to start, and maybe finish, the rear on Sunday.....
bd1308
i think mine are still original laugh.gif one is totally shot and squeaking like a mother! mad.gif and i have my money tied up in some other stuffs..... headbang.gif but when i do get the money i am going with Bilstein's bc i assume they are pricey
dlo914
i was fortunate and got my rear set for only $230+$15s/h from Chad here on the forum...
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 22 2005, 01:17 PM)
i think mine are still original laugh.gif one is totally shot and squeaking like a mother! mad.gif and i have my money tied up in some other stuffs..... headbang.gif but when i do get the money i am going with Bilstein's bc i assume they are pricey

if you think bils are "pricey" DON't shop Konis!!!

Koni's will cost you a couple hundred++ more than bilsteins... give or take
bd1308
which are the best then?

from worst to best
KYB
Boge
Bilsteins
Koni's
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 22 2005, 02:49 PM)
which are the best then?

from worst to best
Boge
Bilsteins
Koni's

you forgot KYBs ... all I've ever had so far, they are pretty terrible
bd1308
i dont know much at ALL about suspension....my jeep had leaf springs which sucked bc you felt like you were on a waterbed with kids jumping on it ALL THE TIME....the porsche is better somewhat, can still feel alot of stuff....
mk114
does Bilstein make a kit to lower your suspension I want to drop about 2" off my car
MarkG
QUOTE (mk114 @ Apr 22 2005, 12:00 PM)
does Bilstein make a kit to lower your suspension I want to drop about 2" off my car

Buy the Bilstein or Koni shocks (they have adjustable perches), and/or 165lb (or 140lb) rear springs to lower rear, and adjust the torsion bars to lower the front.
mk114
thank you once agian you guys are on the money just found what I needed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.