Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Trailing Arms On Craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cjllong
Found these on CL. Will they work on a 73 914? Seem to recall they will, direct bolt in, but not sure. How about the price? Fair? Too much? All answers appreciated!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts/5865291575.html
bretth
Those are for a 911. Won't fit the 914 without a hell of a lot of welding.

Brett
mepstein
No. not at all.
And the price is at least double what you would want to pay if you had a 911.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Cjllong @ Nov 10 2016, 02:40 PM) *

Found these on CL. Will they work on a 73 914? Seem to recall they will, direct bolt in, but not sure. How about the price? Fair? Too much? All answers appreciated!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts/5865291575.html

The front suspension bolts in. What are you trying to to ? Go 5 lug ?

Bruce
Cjllong
A couple hours after I posted this I realized that the front suspension was the direct bolt in. I'm contemplating going to a 5 lug but I'm pretty far away from making that decision. But, I'm ALWAYS looking for a good deal and to educate myself! Thanks for the replies!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Cjllong @ Nov 10 2016, 08:34 PM) *

A couple hours after I posted this I realized that the front suspension was the direct bolt in. I'm contemplating going to a 5 lug but I'm pretty far away from making that decision. But, I'm ALWAYS looking for a good deal and to educate myself! Thanks for the replies!

Think it through and price it out and know what you have to pay. Eric has a good thread on all the 5 lug conversions options. Figure what it is going to cost in parts, labor, tires, wheels, lug nuts, center caps.
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 10 2016, 09:37 PM) *

Think it through and price it out and know what you have to pay. Eric has a good thread on all the 5 lug conversions options. Figure what it is going to cost in parts, labor, tires, wheels, lug nuts, center caps.

agree.gif it may bolt on but if you have to rebuild the calipers and steering rack, replace the strut inserts, ball joints, tie rods and wheel bearings, brake pads and rotors, it won't feel cheap no matter what you pay.

*Front strut housings can be bent from crash damage.
Cjllong
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 10 2016, 06:37 PM) *

Dumb question... Which one is Eric and how can I find the thread? Not sure I've figured out the search engine for this site....
restore2seater
Eric Shea owner of PMB performance.

Here's his classic thread about converting to 5 lug.
5 lug conversion options
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.