Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: movers or trailer myself?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
new job will pay for either route. i have a bit of a sphincter tingle worrying about what the movers might do to my car trying to load/unload, along with all the stuff in the trailer already. i have a tow vehicle and the distance is not that far.

leaning towards towing myself.

any thoughts or opinions are certainly appreciated.
BIGKAT_83
The movers want to move the car because they get payed by the #LB and its easy for them to load. I've had that option twice and drove mine both times.

Bob
ewdysar
Given the choice, and it being only 400 miles, I'd tow it. That way if anything happens, you can only blame yourself. For some reason I'm more comfortable with acts of God if they happen to me, with someone else I wonder what their role was...

Eric
sjhowitson
Tow it yourself....NO QUESTION !! Rent a trailer from uhaul hook it and take care of it. I 've talked to to many people that saw their car drive away with movers and come back with 100 extra miles on the clock and movers with a smile on their faces.
flyloki
400 Miles???

Dude, that is a no brainer. Just tell your new company that the cheapest way to do it (and it will be the cheapest and easiest) is t for them to buy you a one way plane ticket and you drive it one way. Reimbursed for milage natch.
joea9146
Tow it ...
scottb
good to see my thoughts confirmed.

i saw my car driven in for inspection in 3rd gear cuz the shit for brains mechanic thought '1st down on germans right?'.....

who knows what the movers would do??????

trailer has been reserved with uhaul.
MecGen
Hi
I moved my car on a 6 hour hyway run, I used a towing service. I asked around and found one for 500$, He called me back and asked if he could move it back a week and do it for 400$ (took the GF out for a weekend).
All things considered, I thought it was an awsome deal.
Fully insured, came to my house, I tied my tarp on it tight, and away it went. Look at the time you need to find/get/return rentals/hassle. Ask your boss, maybe find out how much it was to move it with the mover and use that to offset the costs of towing it on a flatbed. Bet its cheaper. Like he said...
The movers want to move the car because they get payed by the #LB

Even if its 100$ out of your pocket, you know it got there in the same shape it left...priceless.
Good luck
Joe

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.