Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ot 72 long hood value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Friend just bought to resell. Any idea of value?Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
rudedude
fire like that not to much, most panels aren't even salvageable
if the front spoiler is original close to a grand, if bosch h-1 headlights few hundred
bought a similar 70 for $300 a few years back, at least it had koni front suspension and alloy calipers
napasteve
Man that looks rough. I feel better about my SS fuel lines....
JmuRiz
Depends on if it's a T, E, S...
That'd be a LOT of work to bring back and would never have the original motor (assuming it was the one that caught fire). If it is an S if may be worth it to someone who can DIY the work. Being a 72 helps it too.

I wouldn't think it's worth more than a 2-4 thousand.
rgalla9146
Depends if it's a T an E or an S
If it's an S it is going to get repaired "one way or another"
mb911
He really is thinking selling it as a whole for a little profit or in pieces..

Front fenders and good are of value for sure h1s as some mentioned and spoiler. Minilites the 2 that are good are worth something.

If anyone wants parts let me know and I will give you his contact.
rgalla9146
It still had mechanical injection. The only recognizable part in there is the cross bar for the throttles.
Those are unusual Minilites.
Rather than flat around the lugs there is a ridge that extends from spoke to spoke.
Never saw that on a 5 x 130 Minilite.
1972s have a special place in the long hood world.
SixerJ
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 11 2016, 10:23 PM) *

It still had mechanical injection. The only recognizable part in there is the cross bar for the throttles.
Those are unusual Minilites.
Rather than flat around the lugs there is a ridge that extends from spoke to spoke.
Never saw that on a 5 x 130 Minilite.
1972s have a special place in the long hood world.

Very sad to see.....and I change the flexi fuel hoses on my 72 long hood roughly every 2 years with the bio fuel these days. 2 leaks in roughly 6 years.......fortunately after pulling out after the winter and on 1st start up / service
bdstone914
If that hood badge is in good shape it is valuble. What year is it? Front suspension is good for a 914 5 lug conversion and the rear hubs, stub axles, and trans output flanges are probably ok. Maybe some internal trans parts. Other than that I do not see a lot of good parts left.
Chris914n6
Anyone who buys it to part out is going to want more than a small margin for their time. I'm thinking a grand as is where is.

If he wants a definite answer ebay it with a high reserve.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 11 2016, 03:01 PM) *

If that hood badge is in good shape it is valuble. What year is it?

It's a '72, oil filler door, with '73 front grills. biggrin.gif
mb911
Ironically the gas tank is probably good .. I wonder if the trans is good Still.
peteyd
This car is worth 5k all day long. Eventually we will have all the parts to fix it.

Pete
mepstein
QUOTE(peteyd @ Nov 11 2016, 08:26 PM) *

This car is worth 5k all day long. Eventually we will have all the parts to fix it.

Pete

Exactly what our shop owner said. He buys and sells this stuff day to day and is usually right.
boxstr
Post it on the 911 registry or bird board, there may be more interest there.
Craig at CAMP
porschetub
Worth more than most would think if its not rusty to start with,plenty of good parts there and the body could be fixed if as I said not rusty.
much of the under body parts would be ok,we had a similar freeway burn up of a 74 in my town and the block and gearbox survived,body panels not so lucky...lots of distorsion from the heat.
mb911
Personally I think there is 4 to 5 grand worth of parts just up front if you price good fenders and hood along with badge and suspension.. Then you look at anything else that could be saved .. The tub I am sure could be straightened out as much worse happens from rust or a big car crash.
rick 918-S
This would fix the fire damage and the rust for about 3k

http://www.redi-coat.com/photos.html
jmill
That sucker is taco'd. Look at those door gaps! blink.gif

That roof must have shrunk when the FD quenched it with a fire hose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.