Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate to sound so ignorant but....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
I really need someone who has some V8 914 conversion experience to help me figure out what I need to complete this project. Not so much the V8 conversion part but the 914 stock parts assembly. This rig came without trans or engine. No parts asociated to these major items were included. I'm looking at this used 901 and realize there is stuff missing in between the shifter rod to the little steel nub coming out tof the tranny. I've looked at pelican pics and am still afraid i'll order stuff i don't need... Working on a budget, here... biggrin.gif

I need to put together a purchase list and I have no idea whats required for completing the linkage as well as other things.

Anyone around the East Bay ever done a V8 conversion and has some time this weekend to drop by?

I will owe you big time. biggrin.gif
Roger
Hercules, CA.

JB 914
You need to get the PET CD for Porsche Parts. PM me your email address and i can tell you how to get one. that outlines the whole car in a diagram. Then you can see what you need. It will help if you don't have any other frame of reference. for a V8 you need to modify the length of the shift rod. ususally 1-2inchs depending on how your motor installs. Mine was lengthened right behind the shifter. You have to do that once the engine and tranny are in to adjust it properly.

or, you could simply buy another 914. That's what i did wacko.gif screwy.gif

The bushings you will need to get from Pelican. The other stuff you can find thru the classifieds on the club board. If you are getting a gear box you want to make sure it's working good. A "H" gear is helpful too if you plan on driving alot. keeps the RPM's lower at Hwy crusing speed.

Dr. Roger
QUOTE (joe buckle @ Apr 22 2005, 02:12 PM)
You need to get the PET CD for Porsche Parts. PM me your email address and i can tell you how to get one. that outlines the whole car in a diagram. Then you can see what you need. It will help if you don't have any other frame of reference. for a V8 you need to modify the length of the shift rod. ususally 1-2inchs depending on how your motor installs. Mine was lengthened right behind the shifter. You have to do that once the engine and tranny are in to adjust it properly.

or, you could simply buy another 914. That's what i did wacko.gif screwy.gif

The bushings you will need to get from Pelican. The other stuff you can find thru the classifieds on the club board. If you are getting a gear box you want to make sure it's working good. A "H" gear is helpful too if you plan on driving alot. keeps the RPM's lower at Hwy crusing speed.

Great, thanks.
i'll shoot you a message with my email right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.