Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early park brake handle broken pawl spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ltd
Anyone have a fix for the folding park brake handle release spring? This is the flat leaf welded to the rod that pushes the ratchet pawl.

I think it would be a good enterprise for someone to create.

I actually like the folding handles, you can leave the engine running parked on Main street and between the illogical park brake and the fact it is a manual shift car no one could steal it.
Brad
RAX914
I could use one of these as well.

This is what the rod and spring look like (I snagged the picture from a thread on this site)

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Spring is not hard to make, attaching the spring to the rest of the mechanism will require a tac weld.
walterolin
FWIW I was able to braze mine with MAP gas. Tricky booger to put back together and hold inplace while you put it in.
McMark
The factory ones are welded. I played around with forming spring steel on another project recently, and had some success. I wonder if McMaster has the correct thickness and width material to start with.

The one on my Turbo car is busted as well and I need to fix it.
rudedude
I remember using a hacksaw blade that still is working years later
Localboy808
QUOTE(914ltd @ Nov 12 2016, 10:00 AM) *

Anyone have a fix for the folding park brake handle release spring? This is the flat leaf welded to the rod that pushes the ratchet pawl.

I think it would be a good enterprise for someone to create.

I actually like the folding handles, you can leave the engine running parked on Main street and between the illogical park brake and the fact it is a manual shift car no one could steal it.
Brad

I may have a good folding handle I could sell you. I bought one to replace mine thinking it was broken. Not knowing all I needed was the missing piece with the teeth that mounts below the handle. Send me a PM if you are looking to buy one and I can shoot you some pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.