Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct Heater Controls for a 1970 -6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SixerJ
Hi can someone help me identity the correct heater controls for my six please as various controls seem to be listed in the parts book and styles available and after trawling photos there are different versions, even within a few chassis numbers

My car is originally a USA spec car, built in 1970 (late June if I remember what the COA says correctly)

In photo order;
What is installed in the race dash frame (don't ask) of the six currently 9140432315
What is installed in one of my panel donor car cars (Euro model early 73 I think)
9140432343 which is very close to my car (also happens to be the same metallic green)
9141430372 which is an early? 71 six
Photo of a factory or dealer GT, can't remember which one (I'm going down the GT route for the rebuild)

What exactly is original to the car, instructions on the heater or no instructions as I have been offered a really nice heater control set part number 914.613.134.10 which has instructions (last photo)

confused24.gif

Many thanks
Jon

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SixerJ
Last 2 pictures

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
1st one is the same as 2nd minus the chrome surround , 4 and 5 are the same ones. These are the early correct ones for your car. They do not have markings on them. 3 & 6 are 72-74 ones.
SixerJ
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 13 2016, 01:27 PM) *

1st one is the same as 2nd minus the chrome surround , 4 and 5 are the same ones. These are the early correct ones for your car. They have not markings on them. 3 & 6 are 72-74 ones.

Thanks 914Sixer!

That means my parts car must have had it's controls swapped for an early type (positive this car is a 73)

The 3rd picture is from 9140432343 which is 28 later than my car, therefore it must have also had it's controls swapped at some point

Cheers
Jon
porbmw
Don't know if heater controls have the same issues as other "parts" of the car...but somewhere in all that mix of transitioning between '72 to '73, a number of the cars had a mixture of "new" and "old" parts. It would not surprise me if your car was in transition
gandalf_025
This is correct for a 4/70 build 6, minus the wood dash.

Click to view attachment

Cairo94507
Hey - I recognize (barely) my '71 Six interior. Nice to see it again. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.